Mid-Market Sales Representative - 5+ years of Sales experience preferred
National General Insurance, an Allstate Company Denver, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $120,000 Yearly (plus commission)
Middle Markets Sales Representative
Responsible for generating a predetermined new business sales volume through a network of licensed agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Accountable for making a high volume of sales calls to targeted life and health agents, quoting cases and issuing policies
- Actively utilize the internal CRM sales tracking system to validate and record sales calls, quotes, and recruited agents
- Prospect new agents to build distribution pipeline
- Provide guidance to agents in developing selling strategies to obtain new and retain existing business
- Manager agent relationships regarding perceived problems with claims processing, underwriting, rate increases, and company decisions impacting an agent’s clients
- Provide timely communication to agents on product offerings, network changes, rate changes and plan designs
- Develop relationships with other sales channels to obtain referrals
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of sales related experience
- Health and Life license or ability to acquire within 60 days of hire
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in dealing with leadership of agencies and the C-Suite of employer groups
- Strategic and consultative selling experience
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Demonstrated experience in leading employee benefits sales meetings and following a structured sales process
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Ability to keep confidential information secured
- Experience working with insurance producers selling over the phone or face to face
- Health insurance industry business experience in the Mid to Large Group market (50+ Employee groups)
- Variety of computer software knowledge related to job
We believe that everyone should have the option of quality, affordable insurance from a company they trust.
National General Insurance, an Allstate Company
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of supplemental insurance coverage to over 50,000 groups and insures more than four million people nationwide. For more than six decades, Allstate Benefits has delivered superior products and services with cutting-edge technology, exceptional customer service, and compassionate claims administration. We are customer-focused and value-driven. We are the Good Hands® people. We believe that everyone should have the option of quality, affordable insurance from a company they trust.