Experienced Sales Representative - 2-5 years of Sales experience preferred
National General Insurance, an Allstate Company Downers Grove, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
- $47,000 to $60,000 Yearly (plus commission)
What makes National General Insurance unique?
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from our partner carriers
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused culture
- Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing
- Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning potential! First year sales reps can exceed $100,000.00!!
- Up to $10K New Hire Completion Bonus!
- Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team!
- Internal advancement opportunities – grow with us!
- Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Maui in 2020)
Are you looking for a career in sales and not just a job? Do you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with real opportunity for career growth and advancement? Do you thrive in a performance driven culture where your results are directly rewarded? National General Insurance Company is recognized for our experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and world class sales team.
PRIOR SALES EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. We are searching for an enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking Sales Representative to join our growing team in the CITY/ STATE office. Depending on the market our first-year sales reps can exceed $100,000 with a solid base salary, full benefits and uncapped commissions. Expect to significantly exceed $100,000 in subsequent years with top performers earning $200,000 or more. We are a sales team that offers new and innovative products and solutions to our small business customers.
Having the motivation and passion for being a successful salesperson is a must! We offer in-depth training and coaching that will provide you with all the tools you need to be successful. Training covers the overall Accident and Health insurance industry; National General Products and Systems; and proven sales techniques to empower you for success. Don’t have your Accident and Health Insurance License? Not a problem…part of your training includes getting you licensed!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Accountable for making sales calls to targeted life and health agents
- Actively utilize our proprietary CRM sales tracking system to validate and record sales calls, quotes, and recruited agents
- Prospect and generate Small Group new business proposals
- Evaluate agent performance and continually recruit agents as replacements or additions to agent organization
- Identify potential agents from referrals, references or industry listings
- Provide guidance to agents in developing selling strategies to obtain new and retain existing business
- Provide guidance to agents regarding perceived problems with claims processing, underwriting, rate increases, and company decisions impacting an agent’s clients
- Provide timely communication to agents on product offerings, network changes, rate changes and plan designs
- Work with District Manager to resolve unusually difficult issues such as specific rate increases which require research of competitive rates or clarification of client requirements to identify optimal recommendations
- Incumbent will be required to obtain a Life/A&H license in state of residence and any other state that the incumbent conducts business, which should be completed within 60 days of receiving approval from the resident state; however, we recognize that in some states the licensing process may take longer
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of sales related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and self-motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Ability to keep confidential information secured
- Health insurance industry business experience.
- Variety of computer software knowledge related to job
We believe that everyone should have the option of quality, affordable insurance from a company they trust.
National General Insurance, an Allstate Company
Allstate Benefits is a leading provider of supplemental insurance coverage to over 50,000 groups and insures more than four million people nationwide. For more than six decades, Allstate Benefits has delivered superior products and services with cutting-edge technology, exceptional customer service, and compassionate claims administration. We are customer-focused and value-driven. We are the Good Hands® people. We believe that everyone should have the option of quality, affordable insurance from a company they trust.
AddressDowners Grove, IL