Seneca Resources Company, LLC, the oil & gas exploration and production subsidiary of National Fuel Gas Company (NYSE: NFG) explores for, develops and produces natural gas and crude oil reserves in Appalachia and California. Most of Seneca's investment activity is in the Marcellus and Utica Shales in Pennsylvania, where the company controls approximately 785,000 net prospective acres. Seneca's California operations remain a steady contributor to the overall portfolio, in which this division currently manages nearly 16,000 acres and has more than 1,100 wells. The Company is furthering its delineation efforts in the Utica Shale, and acquired properties in California that will increase, and further diversify, the Company's oil production footprint. As an active exploration and production company in the northeastern U.S. for more than 100 years, Seneca Resources Company, LLC is committed to safety, environmental stewardship, increased productivity and maximizing shareholder value.
The Generalist, Human Resources will serve as an integral member of the Human Resources team and will support a broad range of human resource activities including employee relations, performance management, recruitment and selection, compensation, payroll and benefits, and employee training with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide guidance and coaching to managers and employees on Human Resources related activities including workforce planning, talent sourcing and selection, benefits, compliance, and policy and program interpretation.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting and onboarding including participation in interviews and candidate selection, as well as managing the offer, pre-employment and onboarding processes.
- Provide guidance on performance management including coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions. Counsel employees and managers on confidential matters.
- Administer employee compensation programs, including performing job evaluations, survey benchmarking and participation, analyzing salary structures and providing compensation recommendations.
- Act as liaison with parent company's benefits team for administration of health & welfare programs.
- Administer leaves of absences in compliance with FMLA and other federal and state laws.
- Ensure proper processes, practices, and documents are completed on all employee actions including new hires, pay changes, terminations, etc. Process and record all employee life-cycle events and perform data management updates in ADP.
- Train and serve as a back-up to Payroll.
- Prepare and analyze reports utilizing HRIS and Payroll systems.
- Lead, coordinate and/or participate on projects providing analysis and judgment in design and implementation.
- Comply with Seneca's EHSQ policies, standards and procedures and demonstrate active and regular involvement in EHSQ programs.
- Successful candidates must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field and at least five (5) years of related experience; OR
- High School Diploma/GED and at least fifteen (15) years of related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, a customer service focus and the ability to think critically are required.
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are required.
- The successful candidate must be able to establish positive relationships with employees, maintain a high level of confidentiality, handle multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in United States of America.
Seneca Resources offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. This position is not eligible for relocation.
Seneca Resources Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or o