National Fleet Management (NFM), North Carolina’s premier service provider.
As NFM continues to grow, we have an opening for a Parts and Service Specialist. The role of the Parts and Service Specialist is to be accountable for completing both the responsibilities of a Service Advisor and Counter Salesperson. The Service Department responsibilities include ensuring that customers are greeted openly and friendly; coordinates customer repair requests; estimates cost of repairs within set guidelines; assists Service Manager with clerical duties, such as documentation required for warranty, policy settlements, repair order filing and repair preparation for warranty. From a Parts Department standpoint, this position will be responsible for assisting all customers and mechanics in securing needed parts and supplies. Will also be accountable for achieving the monthly sales and gross profit forecasts, and for seeking and soliciting parts sales.
- Coordinates customer repair orders with Service Manager and Lead Technician for task assignment. Coordinates with Lead for proper work scheduling of all shop business.
- Insures customers receive the most expedient service available through questioning and understanding repair requests.
- Works with customers and mechanics to fill parts requirements.
- Prepares invoices for all over the counter sales, and house requisitions for all parts that are issued to the shops
- Enters all lost sales into the inventory system so that proper inventory items and levels can be maintained.
- Prepares information for the Parts Manager on parts which may be required for inventory.
- Works with Service Manager to ensure timely action taken and settled in areas of disputes and warranty.
- Assures all documentation necessary for sale of labor (customer, internal and warranty) is complete and properly executed.
- Inputs repair order information to data processing system and close repair orders.
- Informs the Service Manager of all customer complaints so they may be handled before the vehicle leaves the shop.
- Advises customer of needed service work, as well as suggests additional labor, parts and body shop sales whenever possible (i.e. Preventive Maintenance Inspections, related service work, etc.).
- Participates in training to stay current on technical and warranty issues.
- Assists in maintaining a clean shop and office area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a Supervisor.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Prefer experience dealing with the public in sales/service capacity.
- Computer experience (preferred) Karmak experience a plus.
- Strong customer relations and communication skills.
- Good leadership abilities.
- Must have a positive can-do attitude.