National Fitness Campaign (NFC) is seeking an experienced and motivated design professional to join our San Francisco based team, and help shape a healthier built environment across the country. We are searching for a skilled designer with a passion for health and wellness that is open to a creative role in a fast paced environment as our team grows and creates immediate impact across America.
NFC is dedicated to building healthy communities and transforming lives through healthy infrastructure nationwide. We build partnerships with cities and schools that bring our Fitness Court® and healthy living campaign to public spaces everywhere. In the 1980’s, our first campaign reached over 4,000 communities around the world, and now we're on track to bring 1,000 more communities of all sizes to free-to-the-public outdoor gyms by 2022.
Check us out: nfchq.com/watch
About the position:
You will work closely with our Campaign Director and Design Team to support leading city and collegiate partners nationwide. As a key member on our design and planning team, your role will include master planning and analysis for top cities and schools, creation of healthy city plans and design packages, site design support, installation guidance and direct collaboration with top cities and colleges across the country. Minimum of two years professional design experience required. Excellent incentive to succeed and grow with us, opportunity to join at the ground-level of a growing national enterprise.
- Help launch our campaign nationwide in hundreds of communities around the country
- Design and create site analysis and master plan assessments
- Research and analyze existing city master plans and healthy infrastructure
- Design and develop custom branding and graphics development for partner cities
- Provide site design, installation and construction support for partner cities
- Work directly with our Director and leadership teams
- Collaborate with an agile, fast-paced, growing team
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- 2+ years of professional design experience
- Successful project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, enjoy speaking on the phone and working with people
- Strong knowledge base regarding pedestrian infrastructure
- Experience interfacing with contractors and bidding processes
- Experience working with cities or government agencies helpful
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, CAD and/or Sketchup
- Passion for health and fitness
- A desire to do meaningful, impactful work