Investment Operations Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
INVESTMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST
The Investment Operations Analyst is responsible for tracking and reporting the Foundation’s investments and assisting with other operational, performance, and administrative tasks of the investment office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain efficient, yet comprehensive, user-friendly investment and accounting reports.
- Track and analyze investment returns and activity on various pools of funds and benchmarks, ensuring that fiduciary, contractual and reasonableness tests are met. Prepare and obtain relevant supporting documentation.
- Implement the treasury operations of the Foundation’s investment portfolios, ensuring adequate liquidity for program operations and maintaining recordkeeping of working capital.
- Work with the finance and accounting department to ensure wiring of funds and timely payment of investment-related fees.
- Track and execute capital calls for drawdown investments.
- Maintain various databases and tools to track and evaluate portfolio exposure, investment risks, and returns.
- Proactively consider, recommend, and implement enhancements to portfolio reporting, databases, and operational processes.
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) on frequent ad-hoc projects, analysis and reports, including evaluating best practices, investment decisions, thematic research, historical and statistical trends, and other projects.
- Work with the CIO to analyze financial markets and Foundation’s investments; assist with developing commentary and report on material events and developments.
- Act as a point of contact for all investment and custodial relationships, and maintain up-to-date documentation of contacts, agreements, and statements.
- Complete the month-end closing process for the investments team by obtaining statements, reports and initiating appropriate journal entries.
- Assist CIO and Senior Investment Analyst with executing subscription documents for private equity, real asset, hedge fund, and commingled strategies.
- Assist accounting department with investment-related inquiries and issue resolution.
- Stay current with the latest trends and techniques in areas of responsibility, including financial market news and operating, legal, and regulatory practices.
- Manage the year-end financial and A-133 audit for investment PBCs, and related procedures and activities.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of portfolios with Investment Policy Statement guidelines. Maintain an exceptions list.
- Assist CIO and Senior Investment Analyst with various administrative and planning functions, such as team calendar, and electronic and physical record-keeping.
- Perform other tasks/assignments and work professionally and constructively with other members of the finance and accounting, operations and program teams.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related fields. Two years or more experience in Banking, Accounting, Finance, Investment Management, or Data Science preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as organizational, and follow-through skills.
- General computer proficiency.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial and investment audits preferred.
- Experience with banking and/or investment custodial platforms a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Resourceful and curious.
- Willing and able to adopt new technologies and programs.
Commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and resume.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis.
COVID-19 Policy - In an effort to protect our employees and their families, and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, as a condition of employment all newly-hired employees must provide National Fish and Wildlife Foundation proof of full vaccination. Any proof of vaccination submitted to National Fish and Wildlife Foundation will remain confidential.
Equal Opportunity Statement - The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws in its commitment to being an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, personal appearance, citizen status, disability, sexual orientation, gender, identity or expression, pregnancy, child birth or related medical conditions, family responsibilities, matriculation, genetic information, political or union affiliation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Disclaimer - The statements contained herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the employees in these positions. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in each position. Other responsibilities, duties, and skills may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the responsibilities, duties, and skills at any time.
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Investment Operations Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.