Commercial Construction Superintendent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Safely, accurately, and efficiently oversee, support and manage commercial construction projects/site work to include interior finishes/remodels and ground up new building construction projects.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws / regulations and the Company’s policies, procedures and guidelines:
1) Oversee and manage commercial construction job(s):
- Interior finishes, fixtures, graphics
- Site work and under grounds
- Ground up new building construction
- Support the construction permit process
- Visit job sites to establish acceptance.
2) Conduct preconstruction meetings to review and plan for:
- Job-specific safety
- Job-specific work schedules
- Job-specific subcontractor responsibilities including:
- Meet with potential sub-contractors as necessary and work with project managers to buy out subcontracted work locally based on estimated scope and budgets.
- Can negotiate final scope and pricing to budgets at the field level to aid in buyout savings.
3) Order materials, assemble submittal, RFIs and follow up with vendors and subcontractors.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Computer skills and experience to include familiarity with Procore; Must be able to build a schedule in Microsoft Projects.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial remodeling and ground up construction experience with a commercial General Contractor.
- Ground up construction experience which may or may not be limited to:
- Grading management;
- Underground Utility installations and tie-ins;
- Coordination of work with Federal, State, County, City or other local entities for all site work, utilities, parking and transportation;
- Exterior building construction and finishing;
- Strong field management and scheduling skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Strong comfort-level with communicating with subcontractors, laborers and clients.
- Ability to direct the work of others in a professional manner.
- Must have full understanding of architectural plans, engineering issues and permit/inspection jurisdictions.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English. Bilingual skills are a plus.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
Lull, forklift, construction machinery and hand tools. No.
Computer, tablet, telephone, copier. No.
- Must reside in the southeastern United States.
- Must be able to travel by car or plane to job site. Must have reliable transportation to and from job site.
- May be at job site, overnight for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs, effectively identify/handle objects and stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires sufficient visual acuity/dexterity/coordination to safely and efficiently operate equipment.
- The position will require walking, standing, stooping, and bending.
- Must be able to tolerate temperature shifts inherent to a job site environment which may be indoors or outdoors and with/without climate control.
- Performance of the duties of this job will expose the person to potential hazards including noise, chemicals, paints, fuels, dust, heat, moving parts and operation of mechanical or electrical equipment.
- The position may require walking, standing, stooping and transporting materials or parts on a regular basis, up to OSHA limits.
- Flexibility with job specification changes, job delays and job location moves.
- Eligible for benefits on 1st day of the month following employment start
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- HSA and FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off and holiday pay, including your birthday!
- Vehicle and cell phone allowance
- Per diem while working at job site
- Travel coordination service
The information provided in the description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within the classification. This description is not intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to include the current essential functions of the job. Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
National Custom Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
National Custom Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
National Custom , IncWhy Work Here?
A company that feels like "family", NCCS is growing and hiring! The road to success is always under construction. Join us!
National Custom Corporate Services, founded in 1980, specializes in remodels and new construction in the hospitality, restaurant, automotive service and retail market segments. National Custom is a nationally licensed general contractor with a specific focus in the southeast. We employ 40+ dedicated construction professionals and have completed more than 2500 projects. The key to our success is the development of account-based teams to develop lasting partnerships with our customers. These teams consist of Business Development Managers, Project Managers, Field Superintendents, Contract Specialists, and Administrative Support Personnel. Our willingness to invest in people and technology to grow and maintain our customer base is simply illustrated in that our first customer 41 years ago is still one today. Our daily commitment is based on our company motto, “The Road to Success is Always Under Construction.”
AddressWarner Robins, GA