National Counseling Group (NCG) is a quickly growing organization that offer its employees quality benefits, advancement opportunities, skill development and team-oriented culture.
NCG is the premier provider of behavioral health services that specializes in community-based counseling, crisis stabilization, mental health skill-building, school-based treatment and outpatient counseling. National Counseling group currently has over 30 offices across Virginia. NCG’s mission is to improve lives, which not only includes the individuals served, but every one of our employees.
Mental Health Community Counselors
We are seeking full-time Community-Based Counselors to provide excellent care to individuals suffering from mental illness(es) and their families. This position would provide direct counseling services to individuals, families, and/or groups in their home or community setting.
Why you should work for NCG:
- Voted a top workplace (2015, 2018)
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Employee Wellness program
- Open door policy and team focused atmosphere
- Access to the best trainings in the field
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance with Company Contribution
- Cell phone stipend
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Free Licensure and Certification Supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service field
- Minimum of one-year, full-time direct clinical experience with children/adolescents that have a mental health diagnosis
- Must meet the criteria of a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP-C or QMHP-Trainee) per DMAS licensure regulations
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Those with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Treatment planning
- Individual therapy
- Case management
- Supportive therapeutic counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Skill building
- Coping skills
- Assess clients’ needs to create a treatment plan
- Provide direct care services based on individual need to include individual, family, group, and/or educational group services
- Ability to provide services in individual’s home or community setting
- Collaborate with treatment and support teams (co-workers, therapists, social workers, case managers, and other professions)
- Respond to crisis situations
- Prepare notes/reports as required by payee, Medicaid and VA State License Regulations
- Prepare discharge summary and plan
- Identify and provide additional resources and supports
This position requires registration with the Virginia Board of Counseling as a QMHP-C or QMHP-Trainee. For more information, please visit: https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_QMHP.htm
National Counseling Group, a proud partner of ncgCARE.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.