Cloud Systems Administrator
National Council on Aging Arlington, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking to innovate, grow, and make a positive impact on the lives of others? Join a nonprofit service and advocacy organization whose mission is to improve the lives of older adults, especially those who are struggling.
We Are NCOA and we believe every person deserves to age well. That’s why we’re on a path to improve the lives of 40 million older adults by 2030. NCOA, a national voice for every American’s right to age well, has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Systems Administrator, in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance of cloud infrastructures, manages cloud-based systems and resources, and develops well-architected cloud solutions. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring optimal build, deployment, migration, operation, and performance of NCOA web properties. This subject matter expert also serves as the second in command for the IT DevOps Director.
Ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with the IT team to implement well-architected multi-cloud solutions that are cost-effective.
- Manage deployment of existing products on AWS cloud-based platforms.
- Create and extend Cloud Build deployment pipelines.
- Automate and enhance the deployment of new customer environments.
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance and monitoring of cloud services to maximize uptime and other performance metrics.
- Set up, configure and maintain alerting and performance dashboards to help monitor the health and performance of the infrastructure. Ensure high up-time performance and vendor adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting and problem resolution. Collaborate with internal technical experts on making solution decisions and resolutions.
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation and related data that can be shared among the team members.
- Provide engineering support in maintaining systems up to the highest standards and implement best practices in managing systems in cloud environments.
- Administer, develop, configure, implement, and maintain the systems that comprise the NCOA cloud platform (including the on-premises connectivity).
- Set up public and/or private cloud systems, understanding and depending upon the type of workload, and deploy them in an automated way; and monitor, move, and alter the systems, as appropriate, using a prescribed methodology.
- Ensure all required metrics and log data are captured. Monitor for anomalies, performance problems, or security incidents and respond according to procedures. Assist in leading technical projects; log all activities in a ticket system; document and update records of all work done; respond and fulfill inquiries via electronic mail in timely fashion; route and direct inquiries to appropriate groups within the organization.
- Perform vulnerability assessment and remediation; implement and track compliance baselines.
- Work in a team environment, providing clear communication, negotiating and coming up with recommendations for alternate approaches as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.
Ideal Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience managing Linux-based (Centos/Amazon) and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, LAMP Stack.
- Deep understanding of networking concepts (CIDR and subnetting, ports and protocols, VPN, routing).
- Hands-on experience with Amazon AWS-based security, serverless, database, compute, and log analytics services, including IAM Policies, CloudTrail, AWS Inspector, Guard Duty.
- Working knowledge of AWS Serverless-cloud native infrastructure resources, including Amazon S3, AWS Cloudfront and API Gateway.
- Strong experience with AWS EC2, VPC, ALB, Elastic Beanstalk, CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy and CodeBuild.
- Strong experience with infrastructure scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.).
- A strong desire to learn and explore new technologies and the opportunities they present.
- Experience working with distributed systems and competent understanding of system design.
- Security design and implementation, SIEM, and compliance with SOC2.
- Understanding of operational best practices, configuration management, and security controls.
- Must be technically proficient, motivated, and a mission-focused individual to help solve problems, drive best practices, and support innovations.
- Must be able to manage dynamic workloads and be capable of supporting automation.
- Highly organized, collaborative, and deadline-driven; able to multitask.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment with a customer service-oriented approach.
- AWS DevOps certification.
- Experience with log collection and monitoring solutions.
- Experience with SAST tools, preferably Veracode.
- Hands-on development experience with various AWS services that include, but are not limited to: Lambda, NodeJS runtime, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Redshift, S3, API Gateway.
- Experience with CISCO ASA firewall, VPN, Azure Active Directory and Jira ticket management systems.
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion 2018.
NCOA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NCOA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
National Council on Aging
TechnologyView all jobs at National Council on Aging