Coordinator, Government Affairs
- Posted: over a month ago
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF STATE BOARDS OF NURSING, INC. (NCSBN)
OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT - JOB POSTING: 1035
POSITION TITLE / BAND: Coordinator, Government Affairs / 4
STATUS: Full time / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Government Affairs
DIVISION: Executive Office
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The National Council States Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is a not-for-profit organization whose membership includes the nursing regulatory bodies in the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, four U.S. territories, 9 Canadian Provinces, and 27 international jurisdictions. Our mission empowers and supports nursing regulators in their mandate to protect the public. NCSBN promotes leadership, excellence and innovation in addressing local and global regulatory and healthcare challenges through strategic alliances and partnership with its members and other organizations, both public and private.
NCSBN is engaged in a transformative process to better support its strategic direction and initiatives focusing on its mission to empower and support nursing regulators in their mandate to protect the public. The building blocks of achieving NCSBN’s vision of leading regulatory excellence are encapsulated in the following four focusing concepts:
- Performance Measures and Metrics
- Data and Technology
These focusing concepts require NCSBN to gain and maintain individuals with key skills related to communication, change management, performance management, quality improvement, policy, board development, strategic partnering, data analytics, and economics.
The Coordinator, Government Affairs provides administrative and professional support to the federal / national level legislative affairs function include the monitoring of the political environment. The coordinator synthesizes and disseminates information with direct and indirect stakeholders including but not limited to third party consultants and policy vendors.
- Monitors the political and legislative environment, maintains and organizes department activities, and provides summaries and updates to the Director. Provides legislative and regulatory research.
- Provides administrative support in advancing legislative activities including scheduling of meetings, agendas, conferences, and board reports.
- Writes drafts of reports, takes minutes, and creates and maintains legislative resource documents.
- Attends meetings, hearings, and assists Director with building and maintaining professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Assists with maintaining NCSBN government and legislative affairs website pages.
- Collaborates and participates in generative discussions that lead to improvements in department policies and new and innovative ways of accomplishing the mission and vision of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a BA / BS in political science, business, communications, liberal arts and science, or related field, with at least 2 years of general office, customer service, project management, and/or product support experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
- Previous experience in public advocacy, federal legislative affairs, or federal government relations is preferred.
- Experience on Capitol Hill working with policy consultants preferred. Internship experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of professional regulation, public protection and scope of practice issues desired; experience with 501 (c) organizations (membership or constituency based) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, presentation, problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, and customer service expertise with great attention to details and deadlines.
- Flexibility, team player mentality and ability to manage multiple priorities are essential.
- Ability to work independently to resolve client issues and collectively to establish a positive working rapport with all stakeholders, with minimal supervision required.
- Technical skills must include web based applications and MS Office at an intermediate level.
- Experience with academic or job-related experience conducting surveys or market research highly desired.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), database management skills required.
- Minimal travel required.
NCSBN BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Staff Professional Development Funds
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Schedules (Hybrid Work-from-Home and On-Site)
- Office Wellness Room
- Office Café and Lounge Area
TO BE CONSIDERED
Interested candidates must submit their resume as soon as possible.
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Decisions affecting employment are considered without regard to disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
National Council of State Boards of Nursing
GovernmentView all jobs at National Council of State Boards of Nursing