Consolidated Services Specialist I, Consolidated Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF STATE BOARDS OF NURSING, INC. (NCSBN)
OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT - JOB POSTING: #1023
POSITION TITLE / BAND: Consolidated Services Specialist I / 4
STATUS: Full time / Exempt
REPORTS TO: Manager, Consolidated Services
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
The National Council States Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is a not-for-profit organization whose membership includes the nursing regulatory bodies in the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, four U.S. territories, 9 Canadian Provinces, and 27 international jurisdictions. Our mission empowers and supports nursing regulators in their mandate to protect the public. NCSBN promotes leadership, excellence and innovation in addressing local and global regulatory and healthcare challenges through strategic alliances and partnership with its members and other organizations, both public and private.
NCSBN is engaged in a transformative process to better support its strategic direction and initiatives focusing on its mission to empower and support nursing regulators in their mandate to protect the public. The building blocks of achieving NCSBN’s vision of leading regulatory excellence are encapsulated in the following four focusing concepts:
- Performance Measures and Metrics
- Data and Technology
These focusing concepts require NCSBN to gain and maintain individuals with key skills related to communication, change management, performance management, quality improvement, policy, board development, strategic partnering, data analytics, and economics.
The Consolidated Services Specialist I is responsible for administration of Consolidated Services related queries and execution of requests. This position serves as the initial service coordinator and provides business support for NCSBN’s programs to meet organizational and operational objectives. This role provides accurate, prompt, and professional support to NCSBN’s departments by leveraging the skilled resources and adheres to and supports the values and cultural framework of the organization and Operations division.
- Provides primary Tier 1 support and resolves common functions for Consolidated Services, serves as the initial point of contact for internal requests. Successfully manages the organization’s function process. Shares information with appropriate parties and assigns inquiries per process.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment when prioritizing requests, interpreting, and adapting procedures, processes, and techniques. Works under limited guidance.
- Triages subject matter expert requests/issues that require advanced program knowledge and problem-solving skills to respond/resolve.
- Acquires and maintains competent knowledge of relevant products, current support policies, and methods of support delivery to achieve established performance metrics based on standard operating procedures. Makes recommendations for continuous process enhancement.
- Evaluates, maintains, and updates standard operating procedures and other support documentation using writing, proofing, and editing skills.
- Responds to functions on administrative procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years related experience preferred
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills – written and verbal
- Attention to detail; adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Advanced); Zendesk Ticketing Application
NCSBN BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation and Sick Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Staff Professional Development Funds
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Schedules (Hybrid Work-from-Home and On-Site)
- Office Wellness Room
- Office Café and Lounge Area
TO BE CONSIDERED
Interested candidates must submit their resume as soon as possible.
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is an equal employment opportunity employer. Decisions affecting employment are considered without regard to disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected characteristic.
National Council of State Boards of Nursing
BusinessView all jobs at National Council of State Boards of Nursing