Come Join Our Team!
National Cooperative Bank is seeking a VP, CRE Underwriting Manager for its office in Arlington, VA. This person manages the Commercial Real Estate (Traditional CRE, HOA, and Co-op) Lending Underwriting process for portfolio and secondary market transactions to ensure compliance to policies and guidelines. In addition, manages risk associated with the current portfolio of commercial real estate transactions. This is a senior level position that is responsible for underwriting new transactions and the supervision, quality control and mentoring senior and junior level credit analysts. Additionally, this position acts as an adviser to the Chief Underwriter and Sales Team.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Ten (10) years combined experience as a commercial real estate underwriting/portfolio/credit manager or senior lending officer.
- BS/BA Finance, MBA or CFA preferred
- Completion of credit training program
- Have a minimum of five years commercial real estate underwriting experience.
- Have experience in managing a staff of three or more professionals.
- Strong financial analysis skills, with the demonstrated ability to manage and train and analytical staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make independent judgments under stressful conditions.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
Systems Experience Includes:
- MS Excel, daily use, 30-90 days
- Proprietary spreadsheets, daily use, within 30 days
- Financial calculator, daily use, within 5 days, advanced proficiency
- Proprietary systems (McCraken, Prism, TPA), occasional use, 30-60 days
- Mortgage Underwriting process, 30-90 days
- Portfolio Management process, 30-90 days
National Cooperative Bank