Do you have a background in sales, marketing, or recruiting? Do you enjoy coaching others to be more successful?
NCC is a growing, small business in Knoxville, TN. We focus on helping insurance agents and agencies grow their businesses and market senior health products.
A Marketing Specialist recruits and communicates directly with independent insurance agents and agencies across the country to build their businesses with senior market products, secures contracts for those products, provides customer service, and develops fruitful, long-term business relationships.
Personal Characteristics and Competencies
- a positive, personable individual who connects well with all types of people to build lasting and productive business relationships
- a persistent individual who is committed to doing the work necessary for success
- a flexible individual who is willing and able to adjust to the inevitable changes of the insurance market and learn new information
- a professional individual who remain calms when problem-solving for a client, defuses difficult situations, and focuses on the goal of retaining clients and maintaining positive relationships
- a team-oriented individual, who enjoys helping others succeed
- a self-managed individual, who organizes and prioritizes daily tasks for maximum productivity without daily oversight (after initial training period)
- a self-starting individual who enjoys the freedom to develop, create, and innovate for his/her own success within the job parameters
- an individual who manages time well and can juggle multiple priorities
- an insightful person who enjoys the process of listening carefully, engaging the customer, matching the product to the client’s needs, and closing the deal
- someone who comes to the table with solutions and effectively resolves issues and conflicts in a positive manner
- highly intelligent individual who can figure out new software programs and solve problems
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- communicate effectively by phone and enjoy communicating by phone
- listen carefully for needs and interests, screen potential clients, respond to their needs, make offers, negotiate, and close
- follow up by email promptly, clearly, and professionally, with proper grammar and spelling
- accurately document client communications and information in internal databases
- learn large amounts of information, assimilate that information, and present that information accurately to clients
- effectively navigate a Customer Relations Management (CRM) system and related data sources
- work quickly and knowledgeably with Microsoft Office products, including Excel; proficiency with Adobe Acrobat is a plus
- effectively organize and prioritize, meeting all deadlines and delivering results
- Able to sit for long periods of time, able to enter information by keyboard at a reasonable rate of speed, able to hear well over the phone, and able to see and read information on a computer screen and on printed documents
- recruiting agents by initiating calls to leads provided for the purpose of introducing NCC’s services and securing contracts with clients
- build positive relationships with new clients and further develop relationships with existing clients for the purpose of expanding contracts and sales with those clients
- provide personalized service to clients, including explaining various insurance products available, solving problems that may arise, and determining what marketing support is needed
- identifying ways and means to increase agent’s business with existing and new clients
- develop rapport and working relationships with carrier market managers in assigned territories
Basic Job Requirements:
- HS diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- sales and/or marketing experience
- computer and internet proficiency, especially proficiency with Microsoft Office
- an aptitude for learning, coaching, and persuasion
- an attitude of persistence and a “can-do” attitude
- a good phone voice combined with the ability to speak clearly and communicate well by phone for 6-8 hours per day
- proficient communication in English (verbal and written); excellent grammar and spelling; some occasional domestic travel may be required for insurance industry events
- experience working with a CRM (Customer Relations Management system)
Experience that May Help You to be Successful on this Job:
- sales or fundraising experience, by phone or in person
- call center experience
- telephone customer service experience
- entrepreneurial experience, large or small
- community/volunteer leadership experience
- experience working with Medicare and other Senior insurance products
- staffing center experience or recruiting experience
- fluency in additional language(s) is helpful to expand marketing capabilities ____________________________________________________________________________
NCC is a Field Marketing Organization (FMO) that distributes and markets insurance products to independent insurance agents. We specialize in Senior insurance products and find satisfaction in knowing that our understanding of our products, and the information we share with our agents, ultimately helps Seniors across the country navigate the sometimes-confusing world of insurance options and make the best possible decisions for their present and future.
This position requires interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers on the phone, face-to-face, or on the computer, all employees must be able to communicate with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time (position is primarily sedentary), be able to enter information by keyboard at a reasonable rate of speed, must have acute hearing ability, must be able to see and read information on a computer screen and on printed documents, must be able to speak, understand, and write English fluently, and must have the ability to perform repetitive hand motions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Senior Financial Group** has been assisting Medicare beneficiaries and their families meet their health insurance needs for over 30 years. We empower beneficiaries across the U.S. to make the right insurance decisions for a better life and do this by: simplifying the process, providing unbiased, expert advice with a variety of options, and delivering true customer service in a personal way. Senior Financial Group works with a broad range of the top-rated insurance companies, and we're not bound by any government agency or a single provider. We offer the power of choice and can recommend exactly the right solution for you. Our people truly care about our clients and their families, providing them with direct access and a resource for all of their questions. We’ve built our reputation on excellent service, helpful guidance, and experience. Our knowledgeable team is well-trained and always up-to-speed on the latest Medicare options and regulations.
Learn more about our company on our website: nccagent.com
** Senior Financial Group is the sister company of National Contracting Center.