• Designs, develops, tests, maintains and enhances application software programs for the retail energy industry.
• Must possess excellent communication skills as you will interact directly with our customers to determine requirements and deliver quality software which exceeds their expectations.
• Must have a strong desire to deliver defect-free, well-designed, and well-tested software.
• Follow the team's Scrum development life cycle practices.
• Work independently for design, development and testing.
• Collaborate with team members to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary
• Facilitate requirements gathering efforts and clearly document system requirements.
• Develop strong working relationships with individuals at all levels of the company
• Anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks while eliminating roadblocks within control.
• Use appropriate change control procedures for implementing software enhancements.
• Remain abreast of current technologies and best practices as applicable.
• Conduct unit, functional, and integration testing to ensure application reliability.
• Team work environment in cube or open work area.
• Duties are performed during standard business hours and overtime based on project requirements.
• Must be willing to work longer hours as necessary, especially during critical issue resolution.
• Will need to attend meetings and respond to application problems for short durations at other corporate sites when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years professional application development and operation experience in a production setting working on Corporate-enterprise applications.
• The ideal candidate will have solid experience developing web applications using open source technologies.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough understanding of Python Development. Experience with Python Metaclasses, Django, Flask and Celery.
• Working knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading in long running daemon processes.
• In-depth understanding of Relational Database Management software, preferably PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MS SQL Server.
• Experienced in testing software all the way from unit testing to system testing to integration testing. A strong desire to build well-tested software.
• Strong knowledge of version control software, git preferred.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), in particular EC2, EBS, S3, and SQS is a big plus.
• Understanding of batch oriented and event-based systems is a plus.
• Knowledge of .NET development, with an emphasis on C# .Net core using Entity Framework a plus.
***Applicants MUST possess the ability to work in the US without sponsorship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.***
Location = Princeton, NJ
Rate = $70 - $83 on a W2 contract
Length = 6+ Months (Possible extension for the right candidate)
Must be able to work on a W2