IT Governance Analyst
About the Opportunity
- As part of the IT End User Computing team, this position will have responsibility to govern operations and manage projects for service desk, PC support, software packaging, deployment services, and regulatory compliance.
- 12 month + contract position. Feel free to inquire about extension/ contract to hire.
- Candidate must be able to work as W2 employee. No C2C.
• Support the service desk’s objectives by analyzing and managing continuous improvement of service desk procedures
• Maintain and enhance PC support objectives by evaluating current processes and recommending ways for continuous improvement; ex: PC lifecycle - including refresh and asset management/tracking
• Govern software packaging and hardware/software deployment services including continuous improvement and reporting of status.
• Manage and report on projects for the IT End User Computing team
• Manage and follow internal processes for change management in support of CIP and SOX regulations
• Drive adoption of IT changes throughout the organization
• Lead collaboration among numerous teams across the IT and business organizations
• Bachelor or Associates Degree in IT related major or related field, or related work experience in IT project management
• 5+ years of experience managing technical projects
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Visio
• Self-starter who is detail-oriented, motivated, focused, and hard-working
• Good communication skills, collaborative
• Customer-service focused
• Understanding of software packaging, workstation patching, desktop procedures, PC deployment, PC lifecycle and asset management
• Strong foundational knowledge of enterprise PC support processes
• Foundational knowledge and prior work experience with enterprise deployment systems such as Microsoft SCCM/Intune or Symantec Management Platform
• Ability to learn new concepts in information technology, learn the characteristics of new systems and update skills to adapt to changing technology
• Ability to evaluate complex systems to define areas for improvement
• Project management certification, a plus but not required
• Familiarity with working in an IT department with partial outsourcing, a plus but not required
• Knowledge of CIP and SOX regulations, a plus but not required
• Superior written and verbal communication skills