Contract to hire for the right candidate. Candidate must be able to work as W2 employee. No C2C.
9 month + contract position.
1) AWS experience (architecting, developing, and deploying cloud solutions)
2) Experience with networking and security concepts with respect to cloud solutions
3) Ability to automate cloud deployments via scripts (ideally Terraform)
4) Resumes are to be no more than 2 pages
Drive information technology systems into cloud-centric solutions and provide operational administration of those solutions.
• Assist in developing detailed engineering specifications and deployment plans from architectural specifications.
• Help determine overall technical requirements for server and storage resources, as well as the integration of network, security and any other infrastructure needs for cloud-centric solutions.
• Review critical application and infrastructure environments and help ensure appropriate lifecycle viability and support. Ensure existing environments are appropriately engineered and provisioned and with the operational teams to address problem areas.
• Develop and maintain a health scorecard for application environments within cloud-centric solutions. This includes server and storage resources, monitoring tools, network connectivity, failover capability, and remaining support, maintenance, and/or warranty periods for physical and virtual resources.
• Establish procedures for globally consistent installation qualifications for non-infrastructure components within cloud-centric solutions.
• Provide consulting services for IT Infrastructure configuration and engineering that may have an emphasis on specialized areas of technology in the cloud.
• Performs other information technology related-duties as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience in AWS
• Working knowledge of multiple hardware and OS platforms and technologies.
• Working knowledge of IT environments, equipment and devices.
• Excellent communication skills with strong teamwork, analytical skills, and attentiveness to detail.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline and 3 years IT experience.
• 1.5 years’ experience working actively within AWS.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Extensive use of keyboard and mouse requiring repetitive motion of fingers and wrists.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
• Occasional travel.