Staff Accountant I
- $31 to $33 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
"Together, we transform lives and communities!"
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. CORE is one of the nation's largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 30-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Staff Accountant I reports to the Assistant Controller. Staff Accountant I will be responsible for all aspects of the general accounting and financial reporting for 9-12 entities as assigned, utilizing the Yardi System accounting software, Windows programs such as Excel, and Word and special analyses projects. In lieu of the number of entities assigned, the Staff Accountant I may assist on construction draws, Hope Accounting and/or special projects/analysis, as assigned.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly recorded according to current policies and procedures and consistent with other staff accountants.
- Ensure that month and year end closing and reporting packages for their assigned entities are completed with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Maintain cash control for their assigned entities including cash reporting/monitoring and monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and periodic reconciliation of other bank accounts.
- Be familiar with all of the terms of the legal agreements with third parties regarding financial and compliance issues (debt and tax) and the related deadlines, which must be met. Preparation of special reports (e.g., residual receipts, etc.) and/or billings required by management or third-party entities to ensure compliance with reporting and debt covenants.
- Research and follow-up on all issues identified related to assigned entity including coordination of meetings and correspondences. Provides timely updates on status of outstanding issues until resolution.
- Performance of review of financial and operating data regarding proposed acquisitions.
- Coordinate with other staff accountants to ensure consistency and efficiency in reporting and handling of processes. Also, assist other team-mates as needed on other reporting and workload and provides prompt communication of internal control and workload concerns to immediate supervisor and dept. head.
- Interface with investment partners, outside entities, banking institutions, etc. as needed relating to issues impacting the entity.
- Preparation and updating of all audit schedules quarterly, and providing any required assistance during the interim and final audit.
- Participation in all company required educational and team building activities.
- Must adhere to the required work schedule established by the company to promote efficient operations. Also, takes initiative and works closely with direct management and other departments to identify enhancements to processes, and assist in development of reporting.
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stay at locations away from the employee's home.
The Staff Accountant I should have the following minimal skills:
- A bachelor's degree in business, accounting/finance or economics, +5 years strong experience in the various general ledger areas including analysis, bank reconciliations, bank covenant compliance and financial reporting. Real estate accounting background, preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Yardi Systems experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Maintain high volume workload and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Be a strong team player with a good attitude and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be able to perform minimally complex and repetitive tasks and be able to comprehend and follow instructions.
- Relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operate computer and office equipment
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
National Community RenaissanceRancho Cucamonga, CA
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.