The National Center for Victims of Crime, a nonprofit organization that advocates for victims’ rights trains professionals who work with victims, and serves as a trusted source of information on victims' issues is seeking a full-time Information Technology and Data Manager, to work out of our Arlington, VA office. The Information Technology and Data Manager will be responsible for the company’s website, manage the company’s database management system and support the office staff as it pertains to technology.
- Regularly review NCVC’s website to ensure site is staying current
- Support the development of digital standards and governance throughout the organization and provide strong recommendations for improvement. Contribute to the development and implementation of digital strategy
- Keep current a list of all organization websites, owner/admin and supporting platform. Document approved themes and use cases
- Collaborate with the Marketing and other departments within the organization to coordinate the advancement of NCVC’s website, enhancing current sections or creating new sections when necessary
- Provide management, guidance and oversight to IT staff
- Manage all updates
- Work with staff/content providers to organize requests and needs into Projects and deliverables
- Manage, purchase, and upgrade all technology (hardware & software)
- Manage a ticketing system through prioritization
- Manage cloud systems including GSUITE, Dropbox, JumpCloud
- Manage network and server infrastructure
- Manage external vendors
- Monitor potential cyber threats and provide preventative measures
- Implement a website strategy related to new initiatives
- Manage micro sites related to special projects initiated by the organization or in partnership with other organizations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS preferred and Python
- Experience with web design
- Strong interpersonal skills (customer service)
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills
- Time management and prioritization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks required
- Cloud experience and knowledge of variety of technology to support an office structure including GSUITE, Dropbox, JumpCloud.
- Experience with IT management
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS code
- Database management and CRM experience
The National Center offers an excellent benefits package including; health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with match, disability insurance, life insurance, and paid vacation and sick leave.
- This position requires a criminal background check
- This position allows telework up to three days per week, after a successful probationary period.
Location: Arlington, VA. Anticipated work schedule is flexible, with core office hours of 10 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday with some flexibility if the position allows and on-call hours as needed. The office is located near Metrorail stations on the Orange and Silver lines. Secure on-site parking is also available.
The office is located in a building with wheelchair accessible features such as ADA compliant exterior doors and elevators. Staff work in an open environment with shared spaces and moderate noise volume.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the above link
After more than 30 years, the National Center for Victims of Crime remains the most comprehensive national resource committed to advancing victims' rights and helping victims of crime rebuild their lives.
The National Center is, at its core, an advocacy organization committed to and working on behalf of, victims of crime and their families. Rather than focus the entire organization's work on one type of crime or victim, the National Center addresses all types of crime.
See what we are all about at https://victimsofcrime.org
NCVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer