NCCT is an independent credentialing organization that has tested healthcare professionals and instructors throughout the United States since 1989.
NCCT is seeking a current or former healthcare professional to join our team as an assistant to the director of the Recertification/CE Department. Maintenance of an NCCT credential requires the completion of continuing education (CE) hours annually. Many NCCT certificate holders choose to submit CE obtained elsewhere for maintenance of their NCCT credential(s). The primary responsibility of the assistant role will be to review these CE submissions for eligibility toward NCCT recertification credit according to established policies. In this role, you must possess a healthcare background and have excellent writing, communication, and organization skills. Experience adhering to established policies and standards is imperative, as you will be responsible for enforcing compliance with published recertification requirements. In this role you must utilize critical thinking, have sound judgment, and good problem-solving skills. The ability to quickly learn to navigate customer accounts and company software is essential. The ideal candidate has a former healthcare credential. Regular office hours are from 8:30am - 5:00pm CT with paid holidays off.
- Receive, organize, review and properly interpret all CE submissions,
- Identify non-compliant CE submissions,
- Communicate review results and further instructions to customers as needed,
- Provide customer support regarding the recertification and CE submission processes,
- Keep a record of all CE submissions and correspondence,
- Provide some assistance with proofreading and publishing of CE courses that are developed in-house,
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent plus healthcare technical training required; Associate degree preferred,
- Current or previous healthcare role where direct patient care was provided in a clinical setting; i.e. medical assistant, preferably as a certified health professional in a hospital setting,
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role,
- Prior experience complying with established policies and procedures,
- Ability to recognize healthcare-related training topics as they pertain to recertification credit; ability to interpret college transcripts,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent organization skills for documentation and recordkeeping,
- High level of attention to detail,
- Sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making skills,
- Ability to quickly interpret and memorize policies and uniformly enforce compliance,
- Familiarity with handling a high volume of customers daily,
- Ability to multitask by switching between administrative duties and customer support,
- Good computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Office.