Director, CSEC Program Management
National Board of Medical Examiners Philadelphia, PA
- Expired: January 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director, CSEC Program Management
This position will oversee key initiatives under the Executive Director of the Clinical Skills Evaluation Collaboration (CSEC), which is a professional collaboration between NBME and ECFMG. This role will focus on operational planning and coordination both within the NBME and with ECFMG to effectively deliver a modified Step 2 Clinical Skills exam.
This position will encompass three key areas:
- Clinical Skills Operations: Planning and implementation of operational components provided by multiple Step 2 CS stakeholders, and strategy development for subsequent iterative improvements to the examination
- USMLE Program Management Strategy: Use operational knowledge for development of program management strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and USMLE program staff
- ECFMG Liaison: Coordinate communication across NBME and ECFMG
Duties, Requirements, and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility will be aggregation of stakeholder objectives, and synthesizing them into detailed business process models and business flow diagrams accounting for issues and data challenges specific to CSEC operations and the Clinical Skills Exam
- Execute Step 2 CS operations consistent with the priorities of the Executive Director, governance, and Step 2 CS stakeholder groups
- Manage change initiatives as well as consideration and documentation of policies and procedures developed within and across various sub-functions and departments
- Assume direct leadership of high priority or complex objectives. Oversee execution of prioritized companywide CSEC projects. Serve as an ombudsman for CSEC
- Assess and manage IT enterprise risk, compliance, and business continuity for CSEC
Manage and improve business processes
- Establish and/or validate project(s) scope and project(s) requirements and objectives, including: Prioritization, impact assessments, timelines, work assignments/breakdown, success metrics, readiness, and business case development
- Report quarterly to the Executive Director on objective progress within the CSEC strategic plan, and provide quantitative assessments of communications across stakeholder groups
Operationalize enterprise quality management system
- Develop enterprise quality requirements and definition of critical-to-quality characteristics of CSEC processes, activities, and projects
- Develop quality controls to mitigate critical vulnerabilities; monitor and report on non-conformance and assess potential impact
- Assist with Root Cause Analyses, and generate actionable corrective recommendations
CSEC Change Implementation
- Develop change management plans based on proven methods and best practices ensuring socialization of CSEC key initiatives
- Implement systems, workflows, processes, and guiding principles to ensure CSEC's time, resources, and attention are strategically directed or focused on prioritized objectives
- Implement systems based on guiding principles which incentivize adoption of change, report on adoption, and revise systems as necessary to ensure compliance
Establish and manage strategic and operational priorities and objectives
- Oversee the budgeting/forecasting functions for CSEC; contribute to financial planning, analysis, monitoring, and control; monitor and validate variance reports against forecasts and budgets to determine and control key cost drivers
- Develop a metrics framework for strategic management which includes analyses of core competencies, systems and technology, financial health, enterprise health and risk, operational performance, and change management effectiveness
REQUIREMENTS Skills and Abilities
- Extensive, advanced knowledge of systems and data related to the Clinical Skills Exam; expertise in relational database structures and querying procedures
- Experience managing IT projects with strategic or operational priorities from inception to implementation
- Facility with statistical analysis methods preferred
- Extensive experience in assessment product/program management with an in-depth understanding of medical education and assessment OR a background in financial, business, and operations management within an academic or related setting
- 8-10 years of experience working in a larger complex organization; working with relationships across multiple business units and external constituents and resources
- A minimum 5 years' experience influencing and working closely with executive-level leaders
- Superior project management skills; formal project management education and/or certification is desired
- Proven business record of success in development of business planning to include Financial Operations and Budgeting experience
- Sophisticated and diplomatic communication skills a must and the ability to make group presentations
- The ability to achieve results while adapting to change.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions required
- Management of direct and matrixed staff
- BA/BS required; MBA highly desired; professional certifications in BPM, LSS, PMP, ASQ, Process Excellence a plus
- Please submit an application that includes your resume and cover letter.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
At NBME, we continue to innovate and improve how we fulfill the evolving needs of the health care community. This commitment starts and ends with the people at NBME. By recruiting and empowering talented individuals from various disciplines and backgrounds, which includes professionals with diverse life experiences, abilities, and perspectives, NBME can take a well-informed, robust approach to advancing medical education and assessment for years to come.
NBME offers a versatile selection of high-quality assessments and educational services for students, professionals, educators, and institutions dedicated to the evolving needs of medical education and health care. To serve these communities, we collaborate with a comprehensive array of professionals including test developers, academic researchers, scoring experts, practicing physicians, medical educators, state medical board members, and public representatives.
Together with the Federation o