We have an exciting opportunity to add a professional, detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative, and computer savvy Administrative Assistant to our team. This position is located at our beautiful corporate headquarters in Greeley, CO!
This Administrative Assistant position provides support to the Practical Testing Department, performing a broad range of administrative duties and tasks. This position serves as a liaison with many internal and external contacts.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
A. Organize and maintain file system of correspondence, documents, Part IV materials, and other department records. Store backup files on all Part IV materials.
- Manage examiner database.
- Maintain files and record keeping for state board continuing education credit.
B. Compose and prepare variety of correspondence and documents. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop content for internal and external communication. Create mail merges, import information from database, and produce other documents as requested by department.
- Assist the Director of Practical Testing with all reports for the Board meetings.
- Conduct research, compile information, and type reports as requested.
- Provide information via phone and email, requiring detailed knowledge of department and general knowledge of NBCE policies, procedures, and operations.
- Assist with special projects.
C. Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities; may record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate travel, hotel, carpooling, catering, and other logistics for Part IV meetings and workshops. Produce documents such as rooming lists to track and assist with logistics.
- Coordinate with field site staff at Part IV exam sites (roughly 11 sites) to ensure all hotel, training and orientation rooms, travel, catering, security, etc. arrangements are in place prior to each exam administration.
- Obtain initial contract approval and ensure payment is processed for those requiring a deposit.
- Track, correct, and reconcile invoices with approved contracts and submit for payment. Research and troubleshoot discrepancies.
- Verify travel expense documents; ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and submit for payment.
D. Complete variety of duties in support of each Exam Administration and overall department.
- Coordinate board representative nominations with State Boards to participate in Part IV exam administrations.
- Produce exam materials for Part IV exam packing and shipping.
- Track and distribute Examiner pins and letters before each test administration.
- Track and distribute continuing education letters.
- Verify all answer sheets after they have been scanned. Process and file per department procedures.
- Review, verify accuracy of, and make corrections to staffing agency invoices.
- Prepare and distribute “Steps to Score” task list following each exam administration.
- Compile and input all examinee comments and post exam reports.
- Prepare all test site reports as needed for post exam review.
- Use computer knowledge and skills to troubleshoot computer issues and act as liaison with IT department.
E. May be asked to travel in rare or emergency/ extenuating circumstances to represent and fulfill obligations of the NBCE at exam sites.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of progressive experience in an administrative support role. College or other post-secondary courses may be substituted for some experience if courses are directly related to the duties of this position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of personal software packages ex. MS Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), DocuSign, and Adobe Professional to perform the duties of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (written, verbal, and interpersonal) in a professional, concise, and accurate manner. Ability to create communications which professionally and accurately convey information involving sensitive and/ or confidential information.
- Ability to perform independently without direct supervision and take a proactive approach to supporting the department. Ability to follow oral and written directions related to the duties above.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task workload, and meet time deadlines.
- College degree in Business Administration or other related major, or other post-secondary education.
*Any offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of the NBCE’s pre-employment screening process, including a background check (criminal history), reference check, and drug screen.