- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
National Black Nurses Association (NBNA)
President, Finance Committee Chair and Board of Directors
Education and Degree:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, and relevant field.
Master’s in accounting and finance preferred.
Minimum Years of Education:
A minimum of 5 years
Required Years of Experience:
3 years of experience in accounting and finance field with strong writing skills. Must have experience in preparing finance reports such as income and expense statements, budgets, balance sheets, maintaining income and expense ledgers, payroll, grants, and foundations and use of financial software and technology.
CPA desired, but not required
Required Revenue Generation
This position is expected to participate in and help generate operation revenue to ensure a positive bottom line
Position Description: This financial manager (FM) will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations and fiscal management of NBNA. The FM will assume responsibility for maintaining the overall financial health of NBNA. The FM will oversee all aspects of the financial operations of NBNA by developing and designing strategies to that will 1) increase the demand for NBNA’s services, 2) identify new funding and stakeholders, 3) help to enhance financial services and mechanisms that will grow membership, and 4) develop markable financial products and services in collaboration with the marketing manager, membership manager and the executive director.. This position will guide the overall fiscal management of the NBNA and must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial, auditing and budget management policies, procedures, and systems. Outstanding analytical, time management, and financial technological skills are required along with strong communication and internal and external customers service using all forms of verbal, written and social medial strategies to accomplish work and achieve defined outcomes to support the board of directors and the organization.
Primary Objective: The FM will prepare and maintain all general accounting activities for the organization, including but not limited:
1. maintaining the daily records of all financial transactions - general income and expense accounts,
2. ensuring payroll activities,
3. manage and monitor cashflow,
4. participate in grant budget development, awarded funds management, transactions, and required financial reporting,
5. management of all scholarship activity,
6. provide monthly financial reports to the finance committee and the NBNA board of directors,
7. provide tracking and trending reports to the ED, president, and chair of the finance committee,
8. maintaining the financial tracking and management systems used by NBNA,
9. ensure that all funds are fully accounted for, and
10. prepare monthly financial statements
Required Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skills:
· Broad knowledge and experience in daily financial management and operations
· Marketing, Project Oversight, Management and Outcomes,
· Build strategic relations with corporate partners, major donors and sponsors
· Above average skills in: Written communication
· Excellent skills with financial automatic systems, report writing tools, advanced microsoft tools, grant submission and reporting tools, etc
· Demonstrated ability to: Managing multiple priorities
· Demonstrated ability to: Practice strategic and innovative leadership
· Other: Skills as required to perform other assigned duties
Major Job Responsibilities: Has all management responsibility for transacting, tracking, monitoring, reporting, maintaining, and increasing the financial health of NBNA. Ultimately to help improve the bottom line, revenue over expenses.
1. Creates and implements financial policies to guarantee operational efficiency,
2. Oversees the timely preparation and planning of the annual budget, special project and grant budgets,
3. Maintains records and receipts for all NBNA financial transactions,
4. Ensures financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes,
5. Monitor all bank deposits and payments and manages daily bookkeeping and ledger accounts,
6. Performs periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve errors and problems to mitigate financial risk and harm to NBNA,
7. Review and update financial and investment policies and procedures. Present said policies to the finance committee for review and approval before forwarding to the Board for approval,
8. Manages automatic financial systems and ensure when appropriate these includes and/or interfaces with other systems such, payroll, membership dues, grant, scholarship, and banking systems,
9. Effectively markets to NBNA membership and the public regarding NBNA's fund raising efforts
10. Manages and develops strategies to increase online giving campaigns, giving Tuesday and military and/or other company incentives to raise and increase revenue,
11. Develop financial plans to help staff, volunteers, chapters and other stakeholders to improve the NBNA brand
- Develop effective and appropriate processes, standards, and metrics to measure success in optimizing operational and investment incomes,
- Anticipates impact and implications of own work actions on other components of the organization,
14. Translate NBNA’s strategic imperatives into specific business plans for increase revenue generation, taking into consideration short- and long-term goals, resources needed, and scope of service, mission, vision, and values alignment.
15. Develop metrices and reports to enhance the Board, Director and other office staff fiscal knowledge, and
16. Design and format monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for chapter presidents and the Board of directors.
National Black Nurses Association
AddressSilver Spring, MD
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Finance Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.