Responsible for coordination, development, and delivery of internal and external communications and promoting NALA’s membership, products, and services, while promoting NALA’s brand image. In addition, responsible for a variety of activities within the organization including but not limited to public relations and media events, publicity, trade shows, conferences, research, reporting, company events, and media evaluation & results. Critical to this position is a high level of customer service, ability to work closely with other departments and multi-task, and a flexible work style.
- Writes the copy for all mass email campaign content and works closely with the Marketing Specialist and others on the scheduling, testing, and sending.
- Develops content for and provides content management of the company’s external website.
- Manages development, implementation, and evaluation of public relations projects and all corresponding media materials.
- Develops story ideas, writes feature stories and writes, edits, and distributes news releases and media alerts.
- Maintains current and establishes new relationships with industry media.
- Oversees media clipping services and maintains press archives.
- Explores proactive public relations opportunities for increased media exposure.
- Develops, writes, and edits presentations, scripts, speeches, and articles for NALA’s volunteer leadership and staff as necessary.
- Serves as copyeditor and proof reader of quarterly member magazine
· Executes copywriting, editing, and reviewing of all marketing collateral as it relates to social media, websites, public relations efforts, and research/benchmarking, as well as advertising, including both original copy and copy generated by others; with an emphasis on AP style.
- Responds promptly to miscellaneous member and non-member inquiries, via telephone, email or other such appropriate method.
- Maintains awareness of member needs/concerns.
- Evaluates and forwards member concerns to department management.
· All other duties as assigned.
Working Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to the Administrative Manager. Works closely with the CEO and others on all aspects of the membership function. Works closely with other Coordinators & Marketing Specialist on mailings and campaigns. Does not supervise others.
· Member-centric and empathetic approach to service, paired with a passion for membership, and a belief that we are fulfilling a real need in members’ professional lives.
· Integrity and honesty, along with the ability to gain the trust and respect of the CEO, the Board of Directors, and all associates in this visible position.
· Must have a highly organized work style with strong project management skills.
· Very strong communication and collaboration skills.
· Exercise good business judgment in making decisions with the long-term best interest of the business in mind.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field required.
· Minimum two years of experience in a marketing or communications role is required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office platform (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
· Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Basic understanding of SEO and analytics.
· Knowledge of social media platforms.
· Knowledge of Adobe products, including inDesign and Photoshop is helpful.
· Ability to organize and manage time and prioritize projects using effective organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively interact with others and work in a team environment and providing follow-up when needed.
Work is performed mainly in an office environment with minimal exposure to injury. Work hours are normally Monday through Friday and will usually average 37.5 hours a week. Some unscheduled evening and weekend work will be required, along with limited travel.
NALA offers a generous benefit package including medical insurance, dental and vision plans, employer contributions to employee SEP IRA, paid time off, and paid holidays.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. However, initial applicant reviews will begin Monday, February 24, 2020.
NALA provides current information about the paralegal profession, continuing education (publications, courses, and webinars), networking opportunities, professional certification programs, occupational survey reports, and other publications to help paralegals excel in the workplace. NALA is a non-profit organization, 501(c)(6), representing more than 18,000 paralegals, who are individual members or members of NALA affiliated associations. NALA is a membership organization. This means that the individual members of NALA are the leading force of NALA programs and policies. The association is governed by a Board of Directors and maintains an office and headquarters staff in Tulsa, Oklahoma.