Nonprofit trade association located in St. Louis, Missouri looking for a local Research Project Manager. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects by outside vendors and those initiated by internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will see that projects are completed on time, on budget and within scope by working with Research Director to set deadlines, monitor progress, and summarize project results; this includes preparing reports and presenting findings to upper management regarding status of a project. The role also works directly with members to determine research efforts, collect feedback, and present findings.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Research & Development
- Manage the research projects and related content published by the NAED and the NAED Foundation.
- Develop, conduct, and draft ongoing and original research reports and content related to the industry's trends, future state, and functional areas within the distribution industry such as Marketing, HR, Training, IT, Sales, Executive, and Logistics.
- Draft and evaluate RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs for outside firms as result of guidance and input from NAED Foundation Board, NAED Board, and other volunteer leaders.
- Conduct preliminary research to refine scope and augment larger research questions ahead of projects and meetings.
- Research and track potential research firms to possible assist with various research topics.
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned research projects and complete within allotted timelines and budgets.
- Perform day-to-day management of project and address any issues promptly; escalate complex issues to management.
- Work with management to prepare project plan, budget and schedules.
- Serve as a point person for outside consultants on various projects.
- Report and conduct team meetings to discuss project progress, status, and issues on regular basis.
- Prepare project documentations and research reports for management review.
- Monitor budgets of projects and track expenses.
- Serve as liaison for assigned member task forces involved in project.
- Conduct interviews and focus groups as needed.
- Develop and author various research offerings such as blogs, use case, and best practices based on previously published reports or original content.
- Help to coordinate meetings and prepare materials related to task forces, CAP Council, Board meetings and others that may be suggested.
- Assist in finalizing all research studies and reports.
- Able to present findings to senior leaders within the organization and to volunteer leadership.
- Help foster collaborative partnerships with industry organizations.
- Assist with member outreach and communications as needed.
- Present a professional image at all times to members and vendors.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Travel 20%
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree required and more than five years in the field or related area.
- Experience in conducting research projects that incorporate quantitative, qualitative, and original research effort.
- Proven experience in project management and a strong understanding of formal project management methodologies.
- Superior ability to gather and synthesize primary and secondary data and information.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent & effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with many different personalities and build quality relationships with staff and association members.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines; highly detail-oriented, organized and efficient.
- Knowledge and experience with Web research tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A strong team orientation be proactive and professional.
- Fundraising experience and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.