As a member of the Communications team, the Director of Digital Communications develops and sustains a vibrant, interactive and branded digital communications program across NACHC's multiple online platforms including its websites and social media. The Director of Digital Communications is a storyteller and has an understanding of best practices in traditional communications, as well as content development, and social media strategy, integration, and management.
- Oversee NACHC-wide strategy, execution, and implementation of digital communications, including social media.
- Lead social media engagement efforts related to national conferences.
- Proactively assess and recommend adoption of emergent technologies and strategies. Develop new programs as approved.
- Maintain and monitor social media/digital platforms and take ownership for accelerating engagement on each platform-including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Groups, Spotify, YouTube, Soundcloud.
- Track, analyze and report on the impact of NACHC's digital presence and key performance metrics and provide reports using Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc., identify trends and insights, and recommend areas for improvement.
- Devise and implement appropriate strategies to drive adoption of social media tools and best practice by NACHC staff.
- Regularly review social media policies and guidelines and make recommendations as needed.
- Develop and build an integrated digital presence across all NACHC platforms to advance the NACHC brand, mission, vision, programmatic work, and marketing efforts, as well as to advance understanding and support of the Community Health Center Mission and their value.
- Work across NACHC departments to leverage and manage digital resources strategically and to ensure that the NACHC brand identity and messages are presented consistently and effectively across all digital platforms.
- Write, edit, re-purpose and deliver a wide variety of content for digital channels, liaising with internal stakeholders and gaining sign-off for publishing as necessary.
- Use tools and software to create graphics, podcasts, images, and videos for purposes of telling the health center story.
- Monitor NACHC blogs to ensure high writing standards and consistency in terms of messaging, branding, and accuracy in data presentation.
- Write and edit NACHC blogs where appropriate.
- Develop digital communications training and best practices resources for health centers.
- Create and write conference newsletters.
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to manage the website.
- Serve as the NACHC point person for digital initiatives.
- Serve as the point person with vendors for digital communications.
- Provide coordination and support to internal teams to ensure effective integration of digital channels into marketing campaign design, including advice on best use of social media and online tools.
- Public relations/ communications strategy experience.
- Digital strategy experience.
- Content writing/editing experience for all media platforms
- Ability to curate and create content, including graphics, blogs, press releases, infographics, videos, and podcasts.
- Website management experience.
- Ability to present to large groups.
- Must be a relationship builder and have the ability work cross departmentally.
- Ability to problem solve, meet challenges head-on, and resourcefulness are essential.
- Experience developing culturally competent communications materials.
- Experience designing materials for clinicians and health care organizations.
- Experience designing materials for low literacy audiences preferred.
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines - must be well organized -attention to detail is essential.
- Spanish language preferred.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat
- Sprout Social
- Vertical Response
National Association of Community Health Centers