When applying, portfolio link or portfolio pdf/doc is required
Responsible for the front-end web design and management of online properties to drive attendance and partner participation in NAB conventions and support business development initiatives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work hand-in hand with the current Web Designer/Developer to design, build and maintain websites in line with the latest web standards to support and maximize effectiveness of event marketing and sales campaigns and meet web team goals.
· Manage Wordpress website updates, making edits and customizations as needed to fulfill on goals and strategies, and help to ensure all plugins are current and up to date. Help the process of migrating all existing web properties to Wordpress.
· Assist with troubleshooting and resolving server, user, code and connectivity issues, as needed, and help to manage updates to ensure functionality and security for the sites. Interface with hosting vendor and others as needed to help resolve server-side issues.
· Help to carry out QA work on an ongoing basis to ensure digital products are working efficiently and correctly across browsers and devices.
· Help to create graphics using the elements and direction provided by the team, advertising agency and partners for various projects, including the creation of featured images for the website, and across third-party platforms, including registration, housing, exhibitor/session info, video and live-stream, advertising, mobile app, chat, social media, and others, as needed.
· Help to create, edit, manage and organize digital assets, such as logos, banner ads, photography, videos, creative assets, testimonials, etc. Secure and distribute assets to internal staff and external vendors, as needed.
· Make data-driven design decisions based on Google Analytics, and contribute to post-show analysis to inform changes and make recommendations for future shows. Help to strategize A/B tests and methods of improving conversion rates, etc.
· Participate in managing the web team workflow in JIRA to ensure responsive web requests.
· Continually strive to expand working knowledge and collaborate with the marketing team and digital marketing agency in implementing the latest design/development trends and related technologies as well as digital marketing strategies and techniques and SEO strategies to facilitate optimal online experiences for our customers across multiple platforms and browsers.
· Develop a complete understanding of each convention and business development program and a working knowledge of related target industry to include appropriate product categories, industry trends, audience makeup/key survey facts, conference focus, other major associations, competitive programs, etc.
· Work with Vice President, Audience Development as required with special projects and perform any additional duties as needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of the event marketing department and to maximize the success of NAB conventions and business development initiatives.
Internal / External Relations:
Internal Relations: Report to Vice President, Audience Development and interface with other NAB staff to design and build online properties for major NAB events.
External Relations: Work with design vendors, technology providers, and promotional/conference partners.
· Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with excellent skills in Photoshop
· Advanced proficiency in Quality Assurance and experience in proofing copy and code. Familiarity with responsive design principles and compliance best practices
· Advanced proficiency in Google Analytics and working knowledge of SEO best practices. Some Google Tag Manager experience is preferred
· Proficiency in PHP and MySQL, with excellent skills using Wordpress
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Experience using Git and comfort with server-side administration
· Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
· Ability to work at a professional level in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently Outgoing, highly motivated, detail-oriented and flexible
· Experience building and editing custom themes and plugins for Wordpress
· Experience in server administration
· Experience using Google Tag Manager
· Video creation and editing skills
· Experience in mobile app development
· Experience with other Adobe products: InDesign, Lightroom, Premiere, etc.
· Experience using Sketch, MarvelApp, InVision or other UX software
· Experience in integrating 3rd party APIs
· Experience with conference production and events
· An interest in the television and radio industry, and media, entertainment and technology
The National Association of Broadcasters is an equal opportunity employer.