Senior Program Manager
- $85,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The National Association of Counties (NACo) announces an opening for a Senior Program Manager to join our Counties Futures Lab. The Senior Program Manager will sit on the Behavioral Health and Justice team within NACo’s Counties Futures Lab.
The position does have a one year term attached. Continuing past one year is dependent on the availability of project-based outside funding.
Position Responsibilities and Activities:
- Actively develop and promote NACo initiatives for Behavioral Health and Justice in written materials, conference calls, national webinars, small group convenings, national commissions and national events.
- Provide quality information and guidance to county government officials on topics related to behavioral health, crisis response and other related emerging issues relevant to county behavioral health needs and interests.
- Manage the timely delivery, day-to-day quality and completion of project deliverables including other assigned duties under the guidance and direction of the Associate Program Director.
- Develop, forecast, monitor and ensure adherence to program budgets; work well across departments to ensure timely completion of financial and narrative reports to program funders.
- Identify funding opportunities and lead proposal and budget development for future projects, in coordination with Associate Program Director.
- Hire and oversee consultant contracts.
- Plan and conduct in-person and virtual activities and idea exchanges for county leaders.
- Coordinate and staff working groups and networks that advance behavioral health and justice initiatives; engages with NACo members, groups and committees on these issues.
- Research best practices and develop educational resources such as webinars, workshops, case studies, toolkits and issue briefs.
- Supervise up to two (2) program or research intern(s).
- Maintain productive ongoing relationships with NACo members, foundation and corporate funders and other NACo departments.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Program Director and Counties Futures Lab leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in public policy, local government, or foundation sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in behavioral health, criminal justice, public policy, public health or another related field.
- Strong project management and organizational skills ability to manage multiple projects without compromising quality or timely delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in public speaking and in conducting formal meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter and shows enthusiasm for and strong content knowledge of behavioral health and justice policy and programs, particularly the intersection of the two.
- Experience creating, leading, or supporting a national campaign or topics-based initiative preferred.
- Passion for supporting innovative county government programs and policies.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local governments and relevant organizations.
- Ability to work well in a political environment while maintaining a non-partisan perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain credibility and positive relationships with various constituencies.
- In office work schedule is required, with some hybrid work flexibility
- Travel required estimated four to six times a year
NACo is committed to providing excellent customer service and creating quality experiences for our stakeholders. If you are creative, energetic and passionate, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations
Why Work a NACo:
Our vision is healthy, safe, and vibrant counties across America. Counties play an integral part of the intergovernmental responsibilities among federal, state, local and tribal government officials. We are guided by the belief that stronger counties result in a stronger America.
NACo is committed to fostering a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. We embrace and respect our diversity of experience, heritage, and thought and strive to cultivate an equitable workplace. As outlined in our Values and NACo Norms, we pursue our mission through a ONE NACo mindset of genuine care, empathy, and respect for each other, our partners, and our members.
Teammates of NACo enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits, including comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance; generous paid leave and federal holidays; transportation subsidy; tuition assistance; 401(k) match, pension plans, group life insurance, voluntary payroll deduction for pet insurance and credit union membership, and short/long term disability coverage including applicable parental leave and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
National Assoc of CountiesWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.