Chief Field Officer
National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Chief Field Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Schedule: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Chicago, New York, Orlando, Atlanta or Washington DC.
Date Posted: 6/22/2021
Deadline to apply: Rolling until filled.
NAPAWF is the only organization focused on building power with AAPI women and girls to influence critical decisions that affect our lives, our families and our communities. Using a reproductive justice framework, we elevate AAPI women and girls to impact policy and drive systemic change in the United States.
NAPAWF was founded in 1996 to realize the vision of 100 AAPI women who recognized the need for an organization that would amplify AAPI women's stories and experiences. Being seen and heard in the public narrative gives us the power to shape the policy and cultural change needed to gain agency over our lives, families, and communities.
Today, we are mobilizing and building power in cities across the United States to create social, political, and economic change for AAPI women and girls. 3 of those cities have local staff on the ground. We also show up in solidarity for other women of color who are experiencing injustice and harms of oppression and marginalization.
Our work is focused in the following strategies:
- Policy and Structural Change
- Organizing and Civic Engagement
- Legal Advocacy and Judicial Strategy
We use the Reproductive Justice lens to intersectionally address three core issues:
- Reproductive Rights and Health
- Economic Justice
- Immigration and Racial Justice
Reporting to the Executive Director. This position is a significant leadership position for a multi-talented professional who is passionate about movement building, policy advocacy, grassroots base-building, and AAPI women and girls. As a member of the senior management team, the Chief Field Officer is the leader responsible for guiding, implementing and evaluating NAPAWF's multi-city field organizing strategies and staff.
The Chief Field Officer will be responsible for guiding NAPAWF's field department and includes these specific duties:
- Leading NAPAWF's expansion of local and state base building efforts;
- Lead in shifting NAPAWF's current base to align with NAPAWF's base building efforts in terms of leadership development and campaign engagement and outcomes;
- Build programs to support, educate and build the capacity of NAPAWF members and chapters to do advocacy work and effect change locally;
- Lead the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of organization-wide advocacy, campaigns and program activities for economic justice, reproductive justice and immigrant rights;
- Hire, supervise and maintain a team of field organizers as NAPAWF expands grassroots organizing in Atlanta, New York, Chicago and as we expand to other cities;
- Represent the organization within national coalitions as related to organizing work;
- Participate as a member of the program management team in strategic and supportive leadership of each other and to staff;
- Work with other NAPAWF staff, board members, and members in support of NAPAWF's overall mission;
- And other duties as assigned and as needs arise.
- 5-7 years of experience in roles including staff supervision, campaign management, and fundraising in a social justice nonprofit context.
- At least 5 years of supervision experience is required.
- Strategic understanding of social change and progressive movements backed by direct experience with grassroots efforts.
- Commitment to the mission, values, aspirations of the organization.
- Experience and cultural competence working in the AAPI women's community in a social justice context.
- Experience in local organizing (community or labor).
- Experience participating in national coalitions or campaigns, experience leading national work, a plus.
- Ability to implement vision, think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgment and lead change.
- Facilitative and collaborative leadership style. Proven ability to work in a dynamic national team and build working partnerships. Can flexibly share leadership and build consensus. When necessary, can take initiative and make tough decisions.
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff and supporting professional and leadership development. Excellent people skills.
- Excellent communicator and writer with experience as a spokesperson who can articulate messages to different audiences.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $100,000-$125,000 commensurate with experience. A highly competitive benefits package includes a 401k plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance. NAPAWF's medical plan is covered by NAPAWF at 100% for employee and dependents with no out of pocket costs, including prescription drugs costs. Qualified dependents may also be covered. NAPAWF also offers full-time employees 15 days of vacation in the first year, sick leave, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave as well as paid vacation between December 25th and January 2nd of each year.
This position is based in an office setting but frequent traveling will be required.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume or CV, and the names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Chief Field Officer" in the subject line.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum
BusinessView all jobs at National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum