Manager, Direct Response Fundraising
- $29 to $36 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation's leading voice on mental health. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Today, we are an alliance of hundreds of local affiliates, state organizations and a national office that work in communities across the United States to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need. NAMI advocates for all who are affected by mental illness, both the individuals and the people in their lives. We work to address disparities and injustices and to promote dignity and inclusion for all people with mental illness and their families. In addition to being advocates, we educate, we listen, and we lead as evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
We currently have an opening for a Manager, Direct Response Fundraising. The Manager is responsible for raising $1.5-2M annually through direct response (mail and digital) and special campaigns. They will serve as the Individual Giving team's leader for donor acquisition and NAMI's community of donors.
This position can be hybrid in Arlington, VA, or remote.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a high-volume production schedule, workflow, and budget of NAMI's direct marketing consulting firm to develop and deploy successful print and email solicitations.
- Use best practices in direct and digital response to regularly improve systems and analyze results.
- Collaborate across departments, particularly with Finance and MarCom, to guarantee operational approvals, smooth functioning and optimize campaigns, and build information bridges.
- Work with program staff to gain a strong understanding of NAMI's work and track organizational accomplishments/assets to develop appeal content, marketing materials and stewardship communications for NAMI donors and prospects.
- Work with vendors and explore in-house methods to best engage social media donors and fundraisers and maximize social media revenue.
- Liaise with external vendors (printers, designers, mail house) to ensure the timely distribution of in-house development mailings.
- Manage online advertising around cornerstone campaigns in collaboration with our advertising and direct marketing vendors.
- Use available data to gain a better understanding of our donor base and craft communications that inspire greater engagement and giving, and explore ways to expand our donor base, including through gift aggregators.
- Coordinate with Development Operations team for list optimization
- Utilize mail and email to oversee stewardship, retention (below $1,000) and acquisition campaigns for NAMI's community of donors
- Oversee NAMI Do-It-Your-Way (DIYW), NAMI National's peer-to-peer fundraising program, including day-to-day program management, providing support to fundraisers, and creating strategic plans to grow the program.
- In partnership with Marketing and Communication team, build social media and marketing campaigns to drive new and retain existing supporters to NAMI National DIYW
- Build an online community of fundraisers; ensuring that NAMI DIYW program participants connect to NAMI's mission and receive donor stewardship outreach and communications.
- Grow NAMI's online giving presence through social media and streaming.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of best practice in fundraising and data management
- Strong writing and editorial skills and a strong eye for detail. (Writing samples will be requested)
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage processes, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of donor databases, SalesForce strongly preferred, and other communication technologies.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn new software, programs and systems. Experience with basic design tools is a plus.
- Ability to maintain discretion
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must pass background check
Your salary is only one component of the total compensation package. NAMI offers a range of standard and unique benefits that are reviewed annually:
- Generous and comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care, dependent care and commuter expenses
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage paid by NAMI
- Flexible Work and Telework programs
- Professional Development Reimbursement program
- A variety of wellness offerings to support team members
- Employee Referral Program
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which provides support for personal and family problems common in contemporary life
NAMI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. NAMI prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, genetic information or any other legally protected group status. We also provide reasonable accommodation for candidates with disability.
National Alliance on Mental IllnessArlington, VA
Get fresh Manager, Direct Response Fundraising jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.