The Contracts Manager is responsible for reviewing the Academy’s contracts with federal and non-federal government agencies and other clients, identifying potential financial and contractual risks, advising Academy staff, and negotiating terms and conditions of these contracts. The Contracts Manager serves as the Academy’s internal government contracting expert and works closely with other members of the organization to provide guidance on contract administration and compliance. The Academy is a GSA schedule holder, so an understanding of the requirements and benefits of service provision under this schedule is essential.
Success requires the ability to work on multiple initiatives and consistently produce timely and accurate results. The incumbent must be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized and possess the ability to build rapport with colleagues and external stakeholders.
Essential requirements and responsibilities
Contracts management – Responsibilities include:
- Responds to requests for quotes and/or proposals (RFQs and RFPs). Must have the ability to analyze and respond to RFQ/RFP requirements, identify key provisions, and advise appropriate Academy staff of terms and conditions, risks, and deadlines for fulfilling obligations. Must have a working knowledge of the federal acquisition regulation (FAR) and cost accounting standards (CAS). Collaborates with internal team members and external partners to deliver responsive bids and proposals. Conducts pre-award discussions.
- Conducts post-award discussions and administers contracts ranging from fixed price to cost reimbursable types.
- Manages the GSA Schedule contract.
- Conducts procurement activities necessary to properly issue and manage subcontractor, consultant, and other third-party agreements.
- Coordinates with legal and operations to identify, and when necessary, resolve contractual issues.
- Assists the Finance Department in performing accounting activities, such as month-end and year-end activities and reporting, annual audits, and other support as requested.
- Implements cost-effective and cost-saving measures related to contract administration as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Minimum five to ten years work experience in managing federal contracts
- Prior experience managing a GSA schedule
- Basic understanding and working knowledge of Accounting (GAAP and CAS matters)
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and look forward to hearing from you!