Nassau Veterinary Clinic in Nassau NY is looking to add a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
We are looking for a friendly individual with strong communication skills. You must have a valid NY State license in Veterinary Technology to apply for this job.
What are we looking for?
Applicants must have a strong work ethic, preserve a positive personality, capable of communicating effectively, be able tomulti-task efficiently in a fast paced environment, have the ability to work in harmony with a team, possess a well-rounded technical skillset and have a passion for delivering exceptional care to patients as well as clients.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Assist the veterinarian in exam rooms and use veterinary software for documenting medical notes • Perform venipuncture for phlebotomy and catheter placement
• Obtain laboratory sample collection, process and possibly interpret results (fecal/parasite analysis, ear cytology, skin cytology, urinalysis, blood smears)
• Perform diagnostic imaging • Perform anesthesia
• Prep patients for and assist in surgery
• Perform dental prophies
• Administer vaccines and medications (oral, topical, injectable)
• Fill prescriptions and review directions with clients
• Communicate with and educate clients
• Provide compassionate patient care
We’re dedicated to your well-being and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support your work and home life.
These include: • Competitive salary • Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents • Paid time off for full-time employees • 401(k) plan • Continuing education allowance
2+ years of experience is preferred but we will consider new graduates.