Jovia Financial Credit Union (Formerly NEFCU) - Come to the Bright side
We see a brighter future for Long Island. It’s where we live, work and play. Be part on an organization that’s helps Long Islanders get the financial resources they need to achieve their dreams. We call it “Banking on the bright side”.
When you join the Jovia Financial Credit Union, you’ll part of an innovative, forward-thinking organization that values you and your ideas. We work hard, but we play hard, too, and offer great benefits like 401K and pension, tuition reimbursement, low-cost medical dental, vision, and FSA programs, disability and life insurance, as well as social activities to foster teamwork and creativity. Come to the bright side of banking.
Primary Function: The Real Estate Loan Closing Coordinator (“RELCC”) is responsible for preparing documents, coordinating and scheduling closings for Residential First Mortgages. The point person in communicating with our Third Party closer, this individual will be essential in the mortgage application process. There are clerical duties as well as some ability for creative thought. This individual will serve as a backup for a Funder. Although this is a "back office" position, the job function requires considerable telephone communication with the members, attorneys, third party vendors and other interested parties to the transaction. This person must have excellent typing skills, good verbal and written communication techniques.
It is important that this person be self-motivated and well organized. He/She must make his/her best effort to continuously improve the quality of his/her work, and all of the procedures involved in fulfilling this position to the best of his/her ability. In order to provide our members with quality service, he/she will strive to make error-free work a reality.
This person plays an important role on the Lending Team and works closely with Mortgage Sales, Underwriters and Processors to be sure that all mortgage processes take place timely, efficiently, accurately and always in a pleasant, friendly manner. This position involves gaining an overall knowledge of first mortgage loans which can lead to growth and further opportunities in the Lending Department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all files for completeness and accuracy of information. Prepare and coordinate closing documents for first mortgages. Responsible for emailing IT with “exporting files” to be funded next business day.
- Insuring monies taken from the member at application are appropriately applied at time of closing.
- Before the documentation is prepared, this individual will verify all amounts and rates are accurate.
- All Underwriting conditions must be met prior to closing. Follow up should be done to ensure that these are met.
- Must be well versed in all Federal Regulations including, but not limited to: Fair Lending, Reg Z and RESPA requirements.
- The Closing Coordinator must be able update, print and review for accuracy disclosures including but not limited to Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures
- Upon notification of a closing date, documents must be sent in a timely fashion to the attorney’s office for their review.
- Once Tax information has been received from the attorneys, an Initial Escrow Disclosure Statement must be prepared and sent to the attorney’s office.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with our attorney’s office to clear title issues and updated them on rate lock expirations. Address any all delays in loans closing with Lending Management.
- Call members as a follow-up for missing documents including but not limited to insurance binders and payoff letters.
Associates Degree preferred along with five years of First Mortgage Real Estate Lending experience preferred. Computer literate, including data entry skills and an aptitude for figures are required. Candidate should possess the ability to recognize issues and problems and an ability to ensure a high quality and quantity of work is completed. Strong written and oral communication skills and a working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word are necessary. Employee must meet and maintain all requirements as a registered mortgage loan originator employed by a Federally regulated Institution with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description