Sales Representative Business Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Sales Representative
EMPLOYER: NOI Chattanooga
REPORTS TO: Sales Management
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for generating leads, qualifies potential customers and
convinces clients to buy furniture and services from the dealership; maintaining sales volume, margin percent and new business goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Networks extensively for leads (business groups, real estate brokers, A&D community, local community organizations, industry organizations-IFMA, BOMA, etc.)
- Researches for leads through business journals, newspapers, industry periodicals and publications, internet, etc.
- Cold calls potential clients in person or by telephone, or combination.
- Participates in dealership lead generation programs such as telemarketing, open houses, industry events, etc.; follows up diligently on leads provided by the dealership.
- Qualifies leads into potential customers; does thorough need analysis to understand client’s requirements for furniture products and services.
- Makes persuasive presentations to customers on dealership’s products and services in person, through written/graphic documentation and electronic means.
- Develops detailed, accurate and professional looking quotes through own effort or in conjunction with dealership personnel (designers, customer service representatives, project managers, etc.) and presents these to the customer in a timely manner.
- Works with service departments to develop service contracts to present to customer when complex services are sold (design, for instance) or for major projects (installation, design, project management).
- Provides accounting department with timely information for any necessary credit checks.
- Sets up the sale so that it can be efficiently managed and administered by the dealership, and the dealership operations and business personnel.
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of specifications when entering orders themselves, and reviews specifications for obvious errors when done by others (design, for instance); provides complete, accurate and timely sales order (header data, pricing, contract numbers, etc.) and work order (site and project parameters, installation schedule, etc.) information required for proposal/sales order system.
- Ensures a responsible close of sale by obtaining signed sales orders (and terms 86 conditions, if appropriate), client purchase orders and deposits as required.
- Stays involved throughout sale implementation to ensure that any bottlenecks or changes in scope are identified and resolved, and that both customer and dealership are satisfied.
- Ensures is available, responsive and timely to customer inquiries, requests for information and/or quotations, problem resolution, etc.
- Provides frequent and regular follow-up contact with customer regarding after sale services and information, including customer satisfaction.
- Conducts a professional, cooperative interface with the customer, the customer’s employees, and the customer’s third party consultants/subcontractors.
- Ensures the customer gets frequent and regular reports on order status, project progress and overall customer activity status.
- Assists accounting in resolving any late receivables or customer credit issues.
Goals and Performance
- Meets monthly, quarterly and yearly sales, margin and new business goals as set by the dealership and sales manager.
- Provides timely reports on sales forecasts and new leads as required.
- Participates in special sales programs sponsored by the dealership or in conjunction with the dealerships designated furniture manufacturers; attends training sessions as determined by the dealership.
Contract Furniture Management
- Maintains knowledge of dealership’s product lines-product features, application, technical capabilities, specification, etc.
- Maintains good understanding of contract furniture management at dealer level-account servicing, project management, order preparation, order management, factory interface, delivery and installation including sales role in those processes and procedures.
- Functions as customer advocate for internal order fulfillment performance and service products.
- Maintains knowledge of office environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration and use, office productivity, etc.) and general business trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: CORE Business Operating System including CRM; Human Resource and Payroll Systems; Microsoft Office Suite including Teams; Zoom; PowerPoint.
- Other skills required:
o Commitment to excellence and high standards. o Excellent written and verbal communication skills. o Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions o Creative, flexible, and innovative team player o Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization o Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. o Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment- free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others;
Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality;
Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chattanooga, TN 37404: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Nashville Office Interiors
1307 E Main St Ste. 126Chattanooga, TN
Get fresh Title Sales Rep jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.