PIPE WELDER - SMAW
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow directions. Strict adherence to company core values: team spirit, grit, respect, growth, excellence, trust, and people
- WELD PROCESSES: SMAW (stick)
- JOINT DESIGNS: Single and Double Sided Groove Welds, Fillet Welded Joints, Branch Connection welding
- MATERIALS / Grades WELDED : Sch. 40 Carbon Steel
- CODES & STANDARDS: ASME B31.9, AWS B2.1-1-201
- Above all project tasks, SAFETY – Pipe Welding personnel shall present leadership, good example and follow all safety regulations of the project site. Expresses employee professionalism.
- Read and interpret basic drawings and weld symbols for fabrication of piping systems.
- Perform pipe welding processes and procedure for shop and field installation fabrication while assisting pipe installation functions
- Knowledge and understanding of interpreting welding procedure specifications, essential variables for preheat and interpass temperatures, consumable, and filler metal classifications. Understanding the use of temperature measurement monitoring equipment. Control/protection of welding consumables and storage of electrodes.
- Able to achieve and treat every weld performed as if it were being X-rayed regardless of service pressure or fabrication standard and following specific instructions during critical welded connections. Able to measure weld size performed.
- Pass Nash WPS performance testing SMAW weld test procedures on carbon piping materials.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Must have at least 2 years pipe welding experience
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Pipe Welding: 3 years (Required)
- Huntsville, AL (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Nash Plumbing and Mechanical, LLC.Commercial Plumbing/ HVAC contractor