NaphCare has an excellent opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Montgomery County Corrections team! NaphCare RN’s work under the direct supervision of the Health Services Administrator (HSA) and Director of Nursing (DON). The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing direct and indirect nursing care within the scope of the State Board of Nursing Practice.
- Current, unrestricted Registered Nurse license in the state of employment
- Valid CPR card
- Minimum of 1 year clinical experience in a healthcare setting, with correctional healthcare experience preferred
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to work in an environment that may be less than pristine, and manage and maintain physical and mental health when encountering stressful situations
- Position may require he/she to stand or walk for long periods of time while performing duties
- Take and document all patient history and vital signs, assist with examinations and/or treatments, and report all changes in patients’ conditions to the appropriate level of healthcare provider
- Assist with daily triage/sick call, minor medical/surgical procedures, and patient assessments
- Initiate and document prescribed protocol treatment in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with nursing staff at all levels and interdisciplinary teams in streamlining services within the facility
- Observe and evaluate the performance of the licensed practical/vocational nursing staff
- Notify critical information to the next level of management that may have a negative impact on client and/or vendor relations or patient care
If you want a career that will make a difference, choose the company that is different. NaphCare professionals are important partners of the NaphCare family, working together to provide quality care in a rewarding work environment. NaphCare offers competitive benefits, including health, prescription, dental, Employment Assistance Program (EAP) services, vision and 401(k) plan . NaphCare offers term life insurance coverage at no cost to the employee and also provides PTO, paid holidays and an array of voluntary benefits. Employees enrolled in our health insurance program receive prescriptions free of charge when filled at our in-house pharmacy or mail order program. We care about making a difference in the lives of others.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran