Proactive Health Care Medicine is hiring a strong Licensed Mental Health Professional (LCSW, LMHC, or LMSW) to join our team at the Onondaga County Jail located in Syracuse, New York. Come learn correctional healthcare as you use our cutting-edge resources, including our award-winning electronic operating system.
This role is eligible for a $5000 sign-on bonus! Please apply directly for details.
Proactive Health Care Medicine partners with correctional facilities to provide proactive, patient-focused healthcare. We recognize that we serve a unique and diverse patient population, and our onsite teams take pride in bringing excellence in care to a population in great need. Be part of a world-class team of professionals who are revolutionizing correctional healthcare.
- Masters prepared candidate in the field of counseling or human services
- Minimum of 3 years’ clinical experience in a mental health care setting is required, with correctional healthcare experience preferred
- Must hold and maintain a current, unrestricted independent license in the state of employment (LCSW, LMHC, or LICSW)
- Valid CPR card
- Must have knowledge and experience in the identification and treatment of mental health and co-occurring substance abuse disorders, discharge planning, principles of social work, basic principles of individual and group behavior, suicide risk assessment, crisis de-escalation techniques
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to work in an environment that may be less than pristine
- Must be able to manage and maintain physical and mental health when encountering stressful situations
- Perform and document mental health evaluations, progress notes, individual and group counseling notes and suicide watch notes
- Coordinate with healthcare and security staff regarding patients’ mental health care and release dates
- Participate in educational and training activities related to mental health care for patients, security personnel, and healthcare staff
- Demonstrate knowledge of DSM-V criteria
- Employees enrolled in our health insurance program receive prescriptions free of charge when filled at our in-house pharmacy or mail order program
- Health, dental & vision
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) services
- 100% vested 401K and Roth with company contribution
- Tuition assistance
- Referral bonuses
- On-site education
- Term life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Paid time off & paid holidays
With Proactive Health Care Medicine, you'll play a critical role in our continuing mission to be the leading provider of quality healthcare in the correctional industry. If you want a career that will make a difference, choose the company that is different.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran