- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NanoCellect's mission is to facilitate breakthrough biomedical discoveries by making cell sorting and analysis technology more portable, affordable, safe, and easy-to-use. NanoCellect is committed to empowering every scientist to make discoveries one cell at a time, with modern and simple technologies to advance cell-based assays that are affordable, compact, and easy-to-use. Our microfluidic flow cytometry platforms enable biomedical scientists to analyze and sort cells required for drug discovery, single cell-omics, cloning, and basic research. NanoCellect’s proprietary software is a key component of its products and is critical to the company’s success.
Under direct supervision, the position performs tasks and experiments in support of emerging life science applications and R&D projects. Responsibilities will include: testing and validating new instrumentation and assays, maintaining cell lines and tissue culture, sample preparation for imaging and flow cytometry experiments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform independent laboratory related tasks (i.e. tissue culture).
- Communicate experimental results in the form of reports, weekly presentations, and publications.
- Assists in writing Laboratory documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and departmental forms
- Perform instrument troubleshooting, repairs and quality control procedures
- May assist with the implementation of test methods from internal and external sources
- May interact with vendors on special projects such as test method validations and new equipment
- Miscellaneous: May perform miscellaneous lab-related and admin tasks. Works under general supervision of the Apps Team members to complete standard tasks and engages with team to support strategic lab space improvements using good communication skills and initiative.
- Remains aware of evolving needs and opportunities, showing flexibility in doing whatever is appropriate to support the Company’s success. Pursues educational opportunities to maintain advanced and up-to-date knowledge in the field. Performs all other related duties as required and assigned and understands that the items in this description are not all-inclusive.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree in a biology-related field (biological, biomedical, chemical) or equivalent and 2+ years’ experience in project management, lab management, administrative support, or as a research assistant.
- Flow cytometry and cell culture experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills and self-starter. Must possess strong problem-solving skills, solid judgment, and be detail-oriented.
- Must work well and be flexible in a rapidly changing and evolving environment.
- Solid presentation, communications, networking, and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Potential for extended periods of time sitting at a desk using the computer.
- Must be able to lift 30-plus pounds, stand and sit for extended periods of time.
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as Life Insurance and LTD
- Professional development
- Casual dress code, free snacks, free onsite gym access
- Cohesive team environment
- Great potential for growth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, disability, age (40 or older), or genetic information (including family medical history). NanoCellect will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons as required by law.
Powered by JazzHR
NanoCellect Biomedical, Inc.
AddressSan Diego, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at NanoCellect Biomedical, Inc.