- Posted: 2 days ago
- $17 Hourly
The Package Handler reports to the Lead Package Handler. Are you a dynamic and outgoing person looking to join a diverse team of fun and energetic professionals? We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you are fast-paced dynamic worker looking to make a difference in the workplace, this is a great opportunity to dive in and continue to build an operation we are proud of!
This position supports the main sortation, mail sortation, and audit processes as assigned. The sortation process is fluid based on the pallets received and the split between large packages and small packages/envelopes. This process is currently scheduled for an evening to early morning operation. This job is a 5 day per week job. The sortation operation is conducted 7-days per week. Work on the weekend may be required.
$17 / HR
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Accident insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor conveyor and select packages for DDUs assigned to the Sorter
- Physically move or transport the item to the packing area
- Report any damages to packages to the supervisor
- Ascertain that all picked and labeled items are properly packed in crates or cartons according to set protocols and procedures
- Follow scanning process and accurately scan packages to the pallet/gaylord
- Place scanned packages on pallets/gaylords – stacking carefully
- Transport packed items to delivery pallets/gaylords and assist Loading Personnel with loading and stacking pallets/gaylords on delivery vehicles in a safe manner
- Place miss-sorted or unscannable packages in the designated bin
- If assigned, use the scanner to audit the completed pallet/gaylord and rebuild pallet/gaylord if necessary
- Take instructions from supervisor
- Able to multi-task and work effectively under a minimum level of supervision in a fast-paced environment, strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate a consistent capability of working cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to be on time and consistently present at work.
- Able to work independently and lift up to 75lbs
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Must be friendly and helpful with a professional disposition
- Must have the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
The work requires routine walking, standing, bending, and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds will be done using team lift. Must meet physical lifting requirements of 75 lbs.
Naniq is a third-party logistics company dedicated to providing the most innovative solutions for the Multinational Logistics Corporations (MLCs) we serve. We enable the MLC to deepen customer relationships by applying our expertise across many verticals (ocean, air, road, final mile, etc.). Through our vast network of contacts and partners, we offer a buffet of complex services that most MLCs are unable to easily offer on their own. Acting as the MLC, Naniq is able to capture incremental profit and deepen relationships with shippers – all to the benefit of the partnered MLC.
It is Naniq’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Naniq Global Logistics - Kailua-Kona
AddressNorth Kona District, HI
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?