Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer - Shoulder Fired Weapons Group
- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking an Engineering professional to apply engineering knowledge to take ownership of engineering, design, integration, and test of warheads, fuzes, projectiles and rocket motors to fill the Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer position in the Shoulder Fired Weapons Group.
The Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer will be responsible for supporting shoulder fired weapons programs at the NDS Mesa facility. The Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer position will report to the Chief Engineer in the shoulder fired weapons group and support a cross-functional program team. The Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer will support the execution of program tasking with guidance from senior engineers with expectations set by the Chief Engineer. A qualified candidate must be able to provide technical support to the program team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the aerospace/defense industry and skills in the areas of design, analysis, test, manufacturing, and production. ANSYS structural analysis experience is strongly preferred. The Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer will provide support creating and presenting technical information to internal and external customers. The Mechanical/Aerospace Engineer will be responsible for executing day-to-day activities of the program and will use technical discipline and rigor standards set by the Chief Engineer. This will include creating documentation of detailed drawings, analysis reports, test plans, test reports, statement or work, failure analysis fault trees, program plans, and internal research & development plans with guidance from more senior engineers as applicable.
This position will report to the Chief Engineer in the shoulder fired weapons group.
Primary Responsibilities:• Execute day-to-day program activities with engineering oversight
• Take technical direction from the Chief Engineer
• Communicate with internal and external customer(s)
• Conduct assembly and component analysis (structural, ballistic, & thermal) to support design
• Support bid & proposal preparation including scope of work, technical volume, schedules & budgets
• Support creation of detailed IRAD plans and support continuous improvement projects
• Interface with cross functional program team members to resolve technical issues
• Participate in Change Review Board meetings by preparing & presenting TDP process changes
• Participate in Phase Gate Review meets for development programs
• Support failure investigations applying technical rigor & discipline to logically identify root cause
• Support cross functional team activities ensuring production technical issue are resolved
• Seeking 0-10 years of industry experience, Aerospace/Defense industry experience preferred
• Ability to integrate into and support cross-functional NDS Mesa Team activities
• Knowledge of closed form, explicit, and finite element analysis
• Knowledge of solid modeling & detail drawing creation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Consistent work ethic with bias for team collaboration
*Note* Must have the ability to obtain BATF approval to engage in certain explosive operations.
**Note**: Due to US Export Control laws and regulations; applicants selected for employment must show proof of a U.S. Person status before employment may begin.
Nammo Defense System
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?