- Posted: over a month ago
We are seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the role of Finance Controller supporting our Perry site. This position is responsible for financial reports, management of a system of accounting records, and comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and ensure the accuracy of the sites overall financial results.
Working in a U.S. Government contracting environment, this role requires a solid understanding of Cost Pools and Overhead rates, as well as the accounting rules for long term agreements and revenue recognition. Success in this role will require a highly proficient understanding of, and extensive experience with, business accounting coupled with a passion for financial analytics, problem solving, and risk management. This position may require some travel.
This position reports to the Vice President/General Manager and supervises two (2) employees.
• Prepare the site’s financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets.
• Manage the period-end close process for the site (i.e., journal entries, reconciliations, compliance, fixed asset transactions, etc.).
• Manage the cost accounting activities to include the Estimate at Completion (EAC) and Return on Investment (ROI)
• Direct preparation of budgets, reviewing budget proposals, and preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification
• Oversight of site budgets in accordance with the requirements of company guidelines and government standards.
• Support financial audits with external auditors and implement recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Negotiate Forward Pricing Rate proposals and settlements for the site
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Support completion and timely submission of required governmental filings.
• Oversee AR and AP site transactions (customer billing, collections, vendor setup, on-time payments, etc.).
• Develop business and financial recommendations to assist leadership with key financial decisions such as pricing decisions, cost reduction actions, capacity expansions and other capital spending.
• Perform various month-end, quarter-end and year-end site Accounting close activities in collaboration with the Shared Services team.
• Collaborate with the Shared Service Accounting department staff, to include the day-to-day planning, organizing and effectiveness of financial processes for the site
• Oversee and assist in gathering financial reports for external / internal auditors, regulatory examiners and other consultants/customers that request financial information.
• Participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
• Experience in maintenance of direct & indirect cost pools and the development of overhead rates and budgets.
• Highly proficient in financial analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills; able to see the big picture
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritize workload and dynamically problem solve with minimal direct supervision
• Must have strong intrapersonal and teamwork skills
• Must be proficient with Deltek Costpoint and MS office application skills (Word, Excel, Power Point) including Outlook
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality with all business information and activity
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in accounting experience
• Minimum of 3 years in Federal Government Contracting include knowledge and application of relevant contracting laws, rules and regulations including FAR, DFAR, CAS, SOX & ITAR
• Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or a closely related field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certificate.
• Successful experience interacting directly with DCMA and/or DCAA.
Nammo Defense System
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Nammo Defense System