Aerospace Propulsion Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nammo Defense Systems Inc., a defense contractor, manufactures and supports shoulder-fired systems; energetic material solutions such as aircraft emergency escape systems, actuation devices, rocket motors, warheads, medium & large caliber ammunitions, mortar ammunition; and composite solutions including carbon fiber tubes and composite aero-structures.
We are seeking an Engineering professional with experience in engineering design, integration, and test of propellant actuated devices & composite propellant rocket motors to fill the Aerospace Propulsion (AP) Engineer position.
The AP Engineer will be responsible for leading AP programs at the NDS Mesa facility. The AP Engineer position will consult the AP Chief Engineer and support the cross-functional Program Team. A qualified candidate must be able to provide technical leadership to the program team.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the aerospace/defense industry in terms of design, analysis, test, manufacturing, and production. The AP Engineer will serve as the primary technical point of contact with the customer(s). The AP Engineer will be responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the program and will promote technical discipline and rigor standards set by the AP Chief Engineer. This will include creating documentation of detailed drawings, analysis reports, test plans, test reports, statement or work, failure analysis fault trees, program plans, and internal research & development plans.
This position will report to the AP Chief Engineer
Primary Responsibilities:• Manage day-to-day program activities
• Take technical direction from the AP Chief Engineer
• Communicate effectively with internal and external customer(s)
• Conduct assembly and component analysis (structural, ballistic, & thermal) to support design
• Conduct bid & proposal preparation including: scope of work, technical volume, schedules & budgets
• Execute detailed IRAD plans and support continuous improvement projects
• Interface with cross functional program teams to resolve technical issues
• Support Change Review Board meeting by preparing & presenting TDP process changes
• Lead Phase Gate Review meets for development programs
• Lead failure investigations applying technical rigor & discipline to logically identify root cause
• Influence cross functional team activities ensuring production technical issue are resolved
• Provide guidance & support to entry level engineers
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or similar technical field
• 0-10 years in Aerospace/Defense industry (Newly graduated students are welcome to apply)
• Ability to work effectively with the cross-functional NDS Mesa Team
• Ability to create and effectively lead entry level engineers by providing mentorship, team building, and sharing technical experience
• Experience with energetic materials (propellants, explosives, or pyrotechnics) is desired
• Experience with closed form and finite element analysis
• Experience in solid models & detail drawing creation
• Proven track record in successfully leading technical programs
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong work ethic with bias for collaboration with AP engineering and NDS Mesa cross-functional teams
Nammo Defense System
Get fresh Defense Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!