Director of Finance
We are a third party administrator (TPA) with a career opportunity for a DIRECTOR OF FINANCE with human resources experience in Oakland.
As Director of finance, you oversee all financial and accounting activities including financial analysis, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting. In addition you administer key areas related to human resources in conjunction with outside legal and human resources consulting firms, and with senior management.
- Manage the monthly/annual financial close process, ensuring financials and all controls are in accordance with GAAP.
- Lead the Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting process.
- Maintain current and accurate ledgers, complete monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, oversee payables disbursements and daily deposits.
- Oversee trust accounts and issue daily, weekly, and monthly reports to clients.
- Prepare and process payroll using the Paychex Flex cloud-based payroll system.
- Maintain an internal accounting procedures manual.
- Coordinate timely filing of tax returns with outside CPA firm.
- Create reports out of Payroll Software (Paychex) and perform downloads, uploads, and ad hoc reports in Peachtree.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Prepare new hire and termination paperwork.
- Manage employee benefits programs.
- Respond to employment verifications.
- Respond to claims from the Employment Development Department.
- And other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA desirable.
- PHR/SPHR certifications desirable.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in financial administration and accounting and management. Cost accounting experience highly desirable.
- Polished communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills (VLookup, Pivot Tables, etc).
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and a team player.
We know that our greatest asset is our people. We strive to empower our employees to take on rewarding challenges, focus on client solutions and be drivers of innovation as our industry evolves. We consider our employees family and not only embrace diversity, but seek it out in all forms.
- We offer a medical, dental, and vision package.
- We offer a 401k retirement plan.
- Our employees enjoy company paid and voluntary life insurance.
- We have health and dependent care spending accounts.
- Our employees earn PTO at 10 PTO days per year, which start accruing after 90 days.
- 9 holidays during the calendar year.
Be the next all-star on our team of experts and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.