Associate Director of Strategic Accounts
Namaste Solar Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Namaste Solar is seeking an Associate Director of Strategic Accounts to lead our efforts to secure multi-MW solar portfolio projects within the Commercial Real Estate and Municipal, University, School, and Hospital (MUSH) markets. The role requires communication with C-Suite, VP, and Director-level contacts in commercial/industrial and government market segments, including business owners and partners in the solar industry. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. The Associate Director of Strategic Accounts will report to the Director of Commercial Sales and Project Development and will work closely with the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Sales Team and Project Development Team.
- Work directly with the C&I Sales Team and Project Development Team to lead portfolio sales efforts
- Develop trust with clients by providing exceptional customer service through verbal and written communication.
- Focus on listening to the customer, identifying their goals/motives for going solar, answering their questions, and presenting Namaste Solar as a trusted partner.
- Maintain relationships with key players in the solar industry: partners, local officials, financiers, influencers, etc.
- Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with the need to multi-task and adapt quickly
- Maintain high awareness of project opportunities, the competitive environment, electricity market trends, current pricing strategies, and utility tariffs
- Lead client meetings/presentations as required
- Identify and screen project opportunities
- Work collaboratively across internal teams and with external parties to create proposals
- Create and deliver presentations to clients
- Lead Q&A on specific RFP opportunities
- Generate new project leads
- Analyze utility bills to determine appropriate PV size, rate tariff, and qualification for solar-specific utility tariffs
- Determine potential onsite solar capacity (Helioscope)
- Leverage Salesforce to capture and manage leads, track results, communicate targets, record status, and maintain customer information
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Customer service mindset and experience building trust and rapport via phone
- Excellent teamwork skills – ability to foster a positive team environment through collaborative decision making and clear communication (this is a non-commissioned role - we work as a team)
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfort with a dynamic environment where priorities can change quickly in response to market/business conditions
- Interest and familiarity with economic and technical aspects of solar photovoltaic systems
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and empathize, listen, and assist customers
- Openness to new ideas, willingness to adapt and take on new responsibilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A pro-active "make it happen" mentality
Not needed now but you'll be even more prepared for the job if you have
- Experience with Salesforce or other Customer Relation Management (CRM) platforms
- Knowledge in solar PV sales and business-to-business selling
- Knowledge of system sizing and Helioscope design
- Experience writing proposals and/or responding to RFPs
- Knowledge of and comfort communicating key financing concepts ' Capital Purchase, Solar Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Return on Investment (ROI), Net Present Value (NPV), Simple Payback, Depreciation
Compensation and Terms
- Starting salary - $90-$100k (this is a non-commission based role)
- Ample career growth and promotion opportunities
- Focus on Colorado-based accounts, some travel within state
- Currently, a primarily work from home/remote role due to COVID-19, with eventual home office in Denver or Boulder – must be able to commute to either location
- CIGNA health insurance and dental insurance within the first 30 days
- Other benefits include:
- Life insurance, short- and long-term disability,
- 401k plan,
- Flexible paid time off,
- Paid volunteer time,
- Employee assistance program,
- EcoPass to ride RTD, and
- Discounts to put solar on your home and on e-bikes
Physical demands & work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. Employee must be able to speak and hear for customer calls. Must occasionally climb ladders on-site visits. Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Work environment: Office setting. The noise level is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make applying easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please tell us how.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Namaste Solar