Namaste Home Health and Hospice is looking for an amazing and experience Speech Therapist on a PRN basis!
The Speech Therapist is responsible for implementation of standards of care for speech therapy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), and identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Assumes responsibility for the ongoing interdisciplinary assessment and development of the individualized plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s);
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care;
- Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling;
- Provides patient and caregiver education;
- Prepares clinical notes;
- Communicates with the physician who is responsible for the home health plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current home health plan of care
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required ensuring coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech therapy practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech–language therapy plan of care.
- Participates in the HHA's quality assessment and performance improvement program and HHA-sponsored in-service training.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language pathology services.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must have a master’s or doctoral degree in speech-language pathology and be licensed in the state where practicing.
- A minimum of one year's clinical experience in Speech Therapy
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.