PROJECT MANAGER - NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $150,000 to $170,000 Yearly
The Naik Group has been a trusted partner in the engineering community for over 25 years. Through accountability, innovation, expertise, responsiveness, and commitment, our premier design and construction talent has and continues to provide our clients with high quality solutions. We serve State and Federal Transportation Agencies and Authorities, Municipal and County Public Works Departments, and private sector enterprises and contractors. The core of our success remains as maintaining sustainability of the firm while providing professional services with integrity, accountability, innovation, leadership, and commitment.
Naik Consulting Group, PC is seeking to hire a Project Manager (PM), who shall have overall on-site responsibility for the General Contractor (Contractor) and the Consultant Construction Manager’s (CCM) on-site workforce on New York City Transit (NYCT) and/or MTA Capital Construction (MTA CC) multi-year construction projects valued in excess of $1M taking place within the five boroughs of New York. The goal of every NYCT and MTACC project is that it be completed in accordance with the baseline schedule and budget, with safety first and foremost, and the PM will play an integral role in meeting this goal.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with all project plans, specifications, budget, schedule and relevant policies and procedures.
- Serves as the client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion.
- Assists the client with project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis, reports, design, specification, and production for assigned projects.
- Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan
- Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Coordinates with internal and external partners including cross-discipline and functional teams to address and problem solve design and construction related issues or concerns.
- Manages the budget, schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, and client communications in support of the project’s objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in project management, managing complex construction projects, preferably with MTA/NYCT, NJ Transit, PANYNJ, LIRR, AMTRAK, or other transit/railroad systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- New York Professional Engineer’s (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management and/or Construction Management Policies and Procedures.
- Proven ability to manage all project tasks, including chairing project meetings, change order management, risk avoidance, schedule, and budget monitoring to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with Client’s senior management staff and external project stakeholders on a regular basis
- Ability to proactively identify project issues that could impact the project budget and/or schedule and propose timely and workable solutions to minimize/prevent impacts
- Ability to read and interpret Architectural/Engineering Drawings and contract specifications
- Proven history of successfully managing and coordinating project-related activities of the Contractor, the CCM, Client, project stakeholders and other adjacent projects, if applicable.
- OSHA 30 Certification
Naik Consulting Group P C
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?