Who We Are:
NagraStar LLC is a joint venture between DISH Network and Kudelski SA. NagraStar's main focus is delivering security solutions for satellite-based television systems, as well as supporting those systems.
The Field Security & Investigations team at NagraStar is a specialized investigative group which primarily focuses field and online investigations of TV piracy. FS&I is responsible for identifying piracy targets, investigating them, and taking disruptive action against them through pre-litigation and litigation remedies. The goal for the team is to control piracy of DISH Network and other clients. To do so, FS&I also partners with engineering teams, technical personnel and law enforcement as necessary to ensure that all investigative leads are pursued.
Join the NagraStar Field Security & Investigation team as a Senior Investigator of satellite signal theft and IPTV streaming piracy. The Senior Investigator’s primary responsibilities are to manage and lead in-depth investigations of TV piracy and related activities. The role requires the ability to analyze large datasets, conduct interviews, uncover evidence using technical and non-technical means, and generate evidence-based reports for internal use, civil litigation, and law enforcement. The Senior Investigator will also be deployed for special projects and business development initiatives.
Specifically, and with minimal supervision, the Senior Investigator will:
- Perform case management responsibilities of collecting, recording, organizing, and preserving all the various information gathered in an investigation while maintaining proper investigative scope.
- Assist other departments to ensure consistent company-wide response to security incidents.
- Provide expertise and guidance to NagraStar investigators on investigative best practices.
- Work with other departments’ personnel and NagraStar partners in the investigation & enforcement of TV piracy and related activities.
- Plan field operations with management.
- Conduct and lead field operations with minimal supervision as the supervisory investigator while in the field with investigators.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to innovate new anti-piracy measures and methods.
- Be a change agent. Identify areas of improvement in FS&I operations and implement improvements in collaboration with management.
- Assist FS&I manager and investigators on investigations.
- Represent FS&I manager in manager’s absence.
- Conduct internal trainings on advanced investigative techniques and internal processes.
- Manage CI relationships.
- Can develop and call upon relationships throughout the industry to obtain the intelligence they need.
- Conduct All-Source Intelligence gathering to track developments in piracy, modem hacking & anti-fraud techniques.
- Gather competitive intelligence on other DBS, IPTV/OTT and traditional cable television service providers, especially regarding vulnerabilities to piracy and related activities.
- Update and analyze databases of investigative reports and actions, identifying weakness in procedures or patterns of abuse.
- Develop relationships and liaise with local and federal law enforcement in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Be a self-motivated learner – this role is expected to stay on the cutting edge of investigative and related techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field; or five years related experience and/or training.
The ideal candidate is familiar with signal theft, due diligence, corporate investigations, surveillance, and IPTV Streaming piracy investigations. The ideal candidate is also equally comfortable conducting investigations at the office as well as in the field throughout North America (US, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean).
Law enforcement, intelligence collection and analysis (military or commercial) or other intellectual property investigations experience is preferred. Additional experience in fraud investigation/examination, cable television system security and investigations or wireless communications security and investigations, computer system security, cybersecurity investigations, or a related field would is highly valuable.
- Fluent/Native, idiomatically correct written and verbal communications skills in English are required, with specific expertise in detailed, fact-based report writing for law enforcement or civil litigation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations in the field and on the phone and take correct and decisive action with little or no supervision.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of computer/communications systems.
- Intermediate PC literacy (Word, Excel, web browsers).
- Skilled interviewing/interrogation techniques, Reid/Wicklander/PEACE a plus.
- Fluent/Native, idiomatically correct written and verbal skills in Spanish, Arabic or South Asian languages.
- Experience with Wireshark, audio-visual equipment, and networking equipment.
- Additional experience, knowledge, or training with computer or communications equipment, including investigation database research experience (CLEAR, TLO, etc.) is strongly desired.
Candidate may be required to travel (20%).
NagraStarWe help studios, sports rights owners and pay-TV service providers protect the value of their premium content by securing their channels, live events and movies. NagraStar proactively fights the growing scale and sophistication of ever-evolving piracy threats. Whether it’s a breach on broadcast systems or IPTV piracy using Kodi add-ons, NagraStar's's anti-piracy technologies and services can manage and disrupt piracy.