We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Supply Chain Associate.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting the Director of Clinical Specialty Areas Supply Chain Management in the control of inventory supplies for Tisch, HCC, OSC and ACC (including Main OR, Day Surgery, MIUU, IR, OSC, PAT, ENT/Ophthalmology, Pain, & ENDO/GI areas). Assists in accomplishing facility inventory turn goals and other inventory related objectives within the department, including but not limited to, accurate recommended reorder points, reorder quantities, limit out of stock issues, increase use of consignment and ongoing evaluation of supply movement. Implements strategies that will financially and administratively enhance service and utilizes the functioning of the department maximizing all resources available to accomplish its goals. Also responsible for first line supervision of all Clinical Supply Chain activities, staff scheduling, shift management and the coordination of delivery of medical surgical supplies to the Surgical and Procedural Suites. Responsible for assistance with hiring process of prospective candidates and the onboarding process of new hires.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage the activities of supply chain in all Perioperative & Procedural Suites.
- Demonstrates the ability to maximize all available recourses to ensure that Supply Chain policies are current and accurate.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and technical expertise to be a resource to the Business Manager in preparation and control of departmental budget.
- Demonstrate ability and skills to analyze, prepare and submit routine and specialized reports as necessary.
- Ability to work alongside Purchasing and Accounts Payable to avoid credit holds and keep invoices out of exception status.
- Demonstrates skills to properly manage the Human Resources aspect of the department using independent judgment may effectively recommend the firing, hiring, promotion or discipline under his/her direction.
- Provides comprehensive departmental orientation to all new personnel and required training to all staff on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews and makes appropriate recommendations in reference to all the new Supply Chain needs of the department.
- Demonstrates and effectively manages regulatory compliance/quality assurance. Assures that the standards of operation of the department are in compliance with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, JCAHO and other. Develops and implements departmental performance improvement activities and assures ongoing staff participation.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with colleagues and other members of the Medical Centers population. Participates in Committee work as required.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize management skills in good judgment and decision making, time management and meeting deadlines and demonstrates a high level of initiative.
- Maintains continued education in the field of Materials Management operations and equipment through education, literature, and seminars. Provides instructions and in-services in new products, procedures and equipment in a manner what will identify and prevent resource loss and maintain safety.
- Through professional growth is able to keep abreast of ever-changing technology in his/her related field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or combination of education and Healthcare related experience. Excellent knowledge of surgical equipment and inventory controls. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Bachelors Degree preferred. Certification in materials resources CMRP.
Completion of formal supervision principles or leadership education. Certification in materials resources CMRP. Knowledge of inventory control software such as Peoplesoft 9+ preferred. Current membership and active participation in a relevant professional organizations.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .