Part-time entry to intermediate level position. Monday thru Friday, 9:00am – 3:30pm.
Founded in 1963, NYSAPLS, Inc. is a statewide non-profit organization headquartered in downtown Albany. We are comprised of 18 regional affiliated organizations, and are an affiliate of the National Society of Professional Surveyors. Our organization provides education, networking opportunities and business resources for the land surveying community. We are a small staff, dedicated to our board of directors and general membership.
About the position:
This extremely organized administrative staff position reports to the Director of Membership. The position has the distinct responsibility of providing outstanding member fulfillment duties, database & payment processing, communications and clerical functions as assigned by the Director of Membership and Managing Director.
Duties include, but not limited to –
· Daily entry/processing of orders, membership dues payments, event registrations, etc.
Clerical & Communications:
· Open/sort mail
· Answer phones/troubleshoot member issues
· Process in-house mailings and communications as directed
· Order, organize and keep inventory of all office supplies
· General bill entry and accounting filing
· Organization and management of office filing systems
Events & Meetings:
· Staff assistance at annual conference required; local workshops as needed
· In-office meeting set-up and preparation
· Process registrations; print materials as needed
· Order event supplies; organize, pack and prep for events
· Prepare and send presenter contracts, confirmations and thank you letters; coordinate travel needs
· Coordinate signage and handouts
· Fulfill bookstore orders
· Order and update inventory as needed
· General assistance to Director of Membership as needed in management of store
Must be high energy, friendly, professional in demeanor and appearance, use independent judgement in completing activities and operate well under general supervision. Two-year college degree preferred. Minimum 3 years of consistent administrative office experience required. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word (including mail merge functions), Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (QuickBooks a plus). Strong organizational, multitasking and communications skills required. Experience in event and meeting coordination preferred, but willing to train. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be comfortable with climbing stairs in a multi-level office. Some travel may be required.
Wages based on experience; flexibility with shift hours will be considered for the right candidate.
For consideration, please send resume, cover letter and wage requirements to:
NYS Association of Professional Land Surveyors, Inc.
146 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12210
Phone calls will not be accepted.