Maternal Child Health Home Care RN
NYCHH/Community Care Bronx County, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $67 Hourly
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the supervising Registered Nurse in Home Health Services, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the patient’s plan of care. Provides direct skilled nursing care and observes and instructs the patient in their homes. May coordinate services of other caregivers.
1. Provides assessment of patient and develops a plan of treatment and care with ongoing evaluation of patient/family needs for other services.
2. Provides professional nursing services as outlined in the patient's plan of treatment and, if authorized by patient's physician, provides emergency treatment as needed. Evaluates patient's response to plan of care.
4. Evaluates patient's response to plan of care and revises plan of care as necessary, consistent with physician's orders.
5. Supervises and monitors the care given by home health aides and ensures proper documentation.
6. Plans activities necessary for effectuating the timely discharge/transfer of patient, and notifies all appropriate parties including patient's physician.
7. Participates in an interdisciplinary health care team in determining and implementing a comprehensive plan of care.
8. Participates in the coordination of other professional and para-professional services in the home.
9. Provides patient/family/significant other teaching and involves them in assessment activities.
10. Maintains current, complete, and appropriate documentation in the patient care record. May be required to use computer systems in carrying out these functions.
1.Unexpired NYS RN license
2. Two years of full-time post-grad RN experience
3. Ability to perform word processing functions utilizing computer skills
4. One (1) year of experience in maternal/child or pediatric care setting.
5. At least one (1) year of experience in home care, long-term care, or hospital setting
6. Must be able to travel via private car with proof of car insurance or via public transportation
7. Must be available to work every other weekend and calendar holidays on a rotational basis
NYCHH/Community CareWhy Work Here?
We offer excellent employment opportunities and room for growth and advancement.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Community Care reaches outside the walls of our hospitals and brings health care to patients where they live. With more than 600 dedicated employees, Community Care provides services including home care, community care coordination, and community-based care management to individuals managing chronic health conditions residing in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and The Bronx.
BronxBronx County, NY