NYC Health + Hospitals/Community Care reaches outside the walls of our hospitals and brings health care to patients where they live. With more than 600 dedicated employees, Community Care provides services including home care, community care coordination, and community-based care management to individuals managing chronic health conditions residing in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and The Bronx.
Director of Nursing (DON) – Clinical and Community Based Services will be responsible for providing oversight of a team of Transitional Care Nurses (TCNs) in the coordination and rendering of care delivery in the Certified Home Health Agency. This TCN team will be comprised of Registered Nurses. The Director of Nursing- for Clinical and Community Based Services is part of the leadership team that will focus on ensuring that the home care department, maintains a collaborative relationship with the acute and post-acute care facilities within the health system. The Director of Nursing- for Clinical and Community Based Services adopts business development, business, mentoring and coaching strategies to lead the team of TCNS in a direction that aligns with the strategic pillars of the organization. This will be accomplished by working closely with our community and hospital-based stakeholders to ensure their referral needs are being met.
- Develop and review metrics that lend to the growth of the CHHA and management of TCN productivity and work performance.
- Hires, trains and develops staff based on the growth of the program and operational needs of the organization.
- Oversees the daily functions and activities of the TCN team
- Liaises with acute and post-acute care discharge planning teams to ensure transition goals for patients are met.
- Thinks strategically in planning for referral sources, patients and the home care department to improve on the quality of care being rendered.
- Assures adequate supply of qualified staff based on operational needs and productivity targets. Assists with recruiting, hiring and orienting all clinical TCN staff.
- Provides one to one mentoring and education to direct reports as needed.
- Provides adequate opportunity for education and ensures that all staff meets mandatory educational and in-service requirements on a timely basis.
- Contributes to the overall operations and strategic planning for the growth of the Certified Home Health Agency.
- Oversees the Transitional Care Nurses assigned to the various clinical sites to establish and maintain positive, productive relationships with facility stakeholders and to support effective referral pathways and patient support
- Thinks strategically for our patients and caregivers, leveraging technology to streamline processes and improve quality of care
- Works closely with Directors of SW and Discharge planning departments to educate on home care regulatory guidelines, review “safe” discharge planning, payer limitations and restrictions
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as needed and serves as back up to TCNs.
- Manages schedule of TCNS and ensures coverage of site in the TCNs absence.
- Ensures that staff is counseled appropriately and timely with regards to work performance, attendance, punctuality, patient care quality and productivity issues.
- Conducts employee performance evaluations and assists with the development of new job descriptions as needed.
- Reviews and updates current job descriptions annually, and when necessary.
- Ensures availability of structured onboarding plans for all assigned personnel.
- Facilitates positive interpersonal relations among staff with a focus on promoting and modeling ICARE values in all engagements.
- Ensures that the agency is following all Federal, State and accrediting body regulations.
- Participates in short/long-range strategic planning and implements specific and targeted measures for growth
- Establishes work-flows as needed to stream-line processes that will enhance operations and work-performance.
- Contributes to the development of marketing strategies and participates in programs aimed at improving the visibility of the home care department.
- Strengthen relationships with new and existing referral sources by daily or weekly visits to the health system’s acute and post-acute care settings.
- Conduct ongoing assessments to ensure TCN presence, engagement and interaction within their assigned sites and make changes when needed.
- Conduct regular meetings to facilitate the dissemination of information and maintain the team’s ongoing connection within the Community Care network.
- Assists with community relations and community educational
- Travel between multiple post-acute and acute care sites required daily
COMPUTER PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE OPERATED
- EPIC EMR
- Microsoft applications
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Incorporates knowledge of cultural differences through effective instructional interactions.
- Comprehends principles of adult learning and incorporates them in formal and informal educational activities.
- Remain aware of current issues/trends in healthcare and translates them to the TCN team.
- Proficiency with computer applications, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PPT applications.
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. A Master's Degree in Nursing Administration or an equivalent field, and a minimum of four years of high-level responsible experience in nursing administration, three years of which shall have been in a hospital; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of 3 years high-level responsible experience in nursing administration
- Minimum three 2-3 years of experience in home care
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in an acute care or in-patient post-acute care setting.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in discharge planning preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in business development preferred.
Why Work Here?NYC Health + Hospitals/Community Care reaches outside the walls of our hospitals and brings health care to patients where they live. With more than 600 dedicated employees, Community Care provides services including home care, community care coordination, and community-based care management to individuals managing chronic health conditions residing in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and The Bronx.
We offer excellent employment opportunities and room for growth and advancement.
New York, NY